Screen protector for Hermes.

Guest randomelements

Guest randomelements

If anyone is near a Poundland store have a look for "Cut to size" Screen Protectors. We got a couple and the second one has gone on very nicely.

It is thicker and clearer than the one that comes with the Vario II out of the box but despite the extra thickness the screen is still very responsive.

What more could you ask for for a pound :D

I.m not too keen on made to measure screen savers myself but I guess it's better than the fee one that comes with the handset.

The last time I tried the free one that came with the handset, it left a nasty residue on the screen that took absolutely ages to take off.

Guest gurujockstrap
I rate Martin Fields protectors highly.

I agree its hard to eliminate dust - heres a tip... have a hot shower in the bathroom, and the steam will remove most of the dust from the air. I then use a air duster to remove any last bits.

I also make the screen protector slightly wet when applying, so I can slide it around a bit to make it in the correct place, then use a credit card to squeeze the water out from the edges (and a tissue to soak it up).

Ive managed to get a 99.9% successfull application on my hermes :D

g

Will remember that tip.

Tempted to whip it off and apply it again but think I'll leave it for now.

Off to Poundland tomorrow then! :D

Although I was in there the other week and I didn't see anything like that.

I did get a USB powered white LED gooseneck light for my laptop though, for a quid, obviously.

It's illuminating my keys right now!

Is the one that comes with the Vario II really THAT bad? I'm receiving my Vario II in a few hours time :D Need to get a decent screen protector.

Its pretty poor, yes. Being the wrong size doesn't really help. Or making it from opaque plastic.

Guest richard_d
Its pretty poor, yes. Being the wrong size doesn't really help. Or making it from opaque plastic.

Yes it's pretty awful. I tried some cheap German ones from ebay, which were a big improvement, but still not great. now fitted Martin Shields and it's definitely worth the extra.

out of interest ive not put a screen protector on mine yet. but i find that in a case the vario is more than protected and when i use it i can see myself wanting to damage it. why the need for a screen protector at all. after all Paul (the modaco founder ) does not use one and he has shed loads of PPCs and has abused them a lot presumably.

JEREMY

Guest richard_d
out of interest ive not put a screen protector on mine yet. but i find that in a case the vario is more than protected and when i use it i can see myself wanting to damage it. why the need for a screen protector at all. after all Paul (the modaco founder ) does not use one and he has shed loads of PPCs and has abused them a lot presumably.

JEREMY

I'm paranoid <_<

• 9 months later...
Guest DeanoSMB

Can someone help me out? Just bought the Martin Fields one and first application got loads of dust under it. So I washed it under a tap and dried with a hairdryer as the instructions state - problem is it's now not sticking to the screen very well. It's developed a slight curvature which pulls the sides away from the screen.

Will it settle down? or do I need to try something clever to add it on?

I'm being a bit belt and braces with the Vario 2... have an aluminium case too. My Vario got battered to bits in about a week...

Guest DeanoSMB
You may want to look at an invisible shield from http://www.shieldzone.com. I bought one for my wing and its great. They offer free shipping, a 30 day moneyback guarantee and a lifetime guarantee.

Thanks for the tip mate.

I'm well narked about the Martin Fields though, as everyone else seems to find them perfect. I've tried to refit it a couple of times but the sides just don't stick at all. Is it unreasonable to ask for a replacement / money back?