HTC Bluetooth Modem on Mac OS X

Guest budda

I realise this request might be a bit non-standard. Doing a search of the forum found no matches for 'OS X' which is a bad sign :D

Basically I have a T-Mobile MDA Vario II, and want to use it as a bluetooth modem with my MacBook running OS X.

Under OS X I need to select/provide a bluetooth modem script in order to configure the phone as an internet connection.

I wondered if anybody has successfully set up a Windows Mobile 5 phone as a bluetooth modem for OS X, and if there's any guides to doing so. Even just a clue about what modem script to use when communicating with the Smartphone.

Edited by budda

For reference, I found a solution, folowing the guide available here

After installing the iPaq modem script everything just works nicely. Now I just need to get in a 3g/HSDPA area so i can see how fast it goes - GPRS is just about bearable for web browsing on the laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
For reference, I found a solution, folowing the guide available here

After installing the iPaq modem script everything just works nicely. Now I just need to get in a 3g/HSDPA area so i can see how fast it goes - GPRS is just about bearable for web browsing on the laptop.

Hi,

i encountered the same problems as you before. until now i

Distressed, man you need to chill out - it's not that big a problem.

As mentioned in my previous post go to the article which guides you through it, including linking to the modem script needed. It's all there!!!!!!!

hm.. the link in your previous posts is not visible to me.

Put your mouse over the text 'here' and you will see it is a link.

Blame the MoDaCo webdesigner for bad choice of styling for links <_<

yes, it did trick me. :(

ok, downloaded and ready. will try it tonight at home.

hope my next post will be using my Vario 2 as Bluetooth Modem for my powerbook. :rolleyes: