• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

TDK

TDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710
Ok, I've run a test using dslreports.com/mspeed and I'm getting approximately 394 kbit/sec, which I guess is about right. However, running the same test on my MDA Vario II I'm only getting around 183 kbit/sec, which is rather odd. I'll try it again later this morning or this afternoon and see if there's any change.

Another thing that occured to me... Pagemakers, how are you connecting you laptop to your phone? If you're using Bluetooth then don't forget that Bluetooth will limit you to a max throughput of about 721 kbps, so you won't be able to take full advantage of HSDPA.

Simon.

TDK

TDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710
Ok, now I'm not sure what is going on - I just got 874 kbit/sec on the MTeoR and only 521 kbit/sec on the MDA Vario II. I think we need a more reliable speedtest than dslreports.com!

Simon.

Thetechnogeek

Thetechnogeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:Nexus one, HTC HD2
Looks like HSDPA is implemented in hardware on the Mteor. Just need HTC to pull their socks up and get a new ROM to us which fixes all the bugs and lets us run HSDPA without using a 3rd party ROM!

See here: http://forum.xda-dev...d...6774&page=3

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Devices:HTC S620
Thetechnogeek are you running the Dopod ROM?

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

Thetechnogeek

Thetechnogeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Thetechnogeek are you running the Dopod ROM?

I've tried it- works fine, stable, fast, but for me, no real advantage, as I don't live in an HSDPA enabled area, and for some strange reason, I prefer to run an ROM which "matches" my hardware (I have a Mteor). As far as I can see, there is little difference between the HTC ROM and the DOPOD one from a functional perspective except for the GPRS data app and HSPDA. The Dopod one of course has apps for the front cam which the Mteor does not have.

Personally I'm holding out for the updated HTC ROM (promised "any day now"). If that looks no better, I will use the Dopod one.

Actually, the main reason for sticking with the HTC one is that I don't have the enthusiasm to go thru the whole getting a new activation code from Tomtom (the Dopod ROM changes your device ID) when this ROM does not offer *that* many advantages.

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
Thetechnogeek - Cheers

Do you have experience of the imate rom?

How did you go back to the HTC ROM after running the Dopod ROM?

Edited by Pagemakers, 02 October 2006 - 06:42 PM.

Phone History: 7110 > T68 > T68i > 7650 > SPV > E100 > 6600 > P900 > Treo 600 > E200 > C500 > Jam > SDA > C550 > QTEK8100 > iMate SP5 & JasJar > HTC MTeoR > Samsung i600 > HTC S620 > Dash

Thetechnogeek

Thetechnogeek

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Thetechnogeek - Cheers

Do you have experience of the imate rom?

How did you go back to the HTC ROM after running the Dopod ROM?

No experience of the Imate ROM, sorry. I reflashed the HTC ROM from a file marked as a Qtek ROM (think it's on the XDA-dev FTP site) to revert to the same Mteor ROM as my phone shipped with.

xerxes

xerxes

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Currently the MTeoR is not giving HSDPA speeds. It is giving 3G speeds.

Tested here http://www.adslguide...s/speedtest.asp

Sadly, if you are not allowed to post these files here (didn't realise that), there is nothing more I can do to help.

If the MTeoR battery is as bad as everyone says is it actually a good idea to enable HSDPA?

Pagemakers

Pagemakers

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
I have now updated my phone with the imate rom.

Just like the HTC ROM it looses all of the connection settings and email accounts and the battery life is just as crap.

This phone is a pile of junk.

Period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users