30 replies to this topic

WILBUR

WILBUR

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:HD2 + WnW

I had this issue, but there is a thread on xda developers which shows how to fix the problem with the inbuilt midlet manager and set the security settings to "session" instead of "oneshot". Basically just installing a .cab and my google maps works like a dream now!

excellent! works like it should...
BTW - Had to re-install my midlets for the "session" option to appear

rpopo

rpopo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Vario II

Dr - I'd appreciate a copy of the link if possible. Thanks Richard

and me! Obviously I wasn't thorough enough with my research last time.

richard_d

richard_d

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

and me! Obviously I wasn't thorough enough with my research last time.

Well the oneshot to session change works well - Opera Mini is far more pleasurable to use.

As for Google maps, trying it in a GRRS area was painful - it eventually loaded the world map, but I couldn't get any further. I'll try it in a 3G area later.

Richard

Richard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous phone - Nokia 6630, Previous Mobile Windows Device - IBM z50 !

jeremymacmull

jeremymacmull

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Touch Plus
Which version are people using of opera mini

i get 2.0 low memory working fine but the advanced or high memory just installs but crashes before i can click yes to the EULA and i never get further than that

Not that i can see a difference between the two really and the low memory one is really very fast in GPRS areas and things fit better on the screen than in PIE (even when set to one column mode)

I want it really for when im on the train with only GPRS or for pages that just dont look right in PIE (which is not many to be fair) (digitalspy.co.uk is the main one i can think of)

JEREMY

Current Phone: T-Mobile Touch Plus (HTC Touch Dual) on Flext 30 with WNW and 2Gb MicroSD Sandisk

Previous Pocket PCs

T-Mobile Vario II
Psion Series 3c

Recent Previous Phones
Sony J9
Casio T?? (OMG yes i had a casio phone!! worst one ive ever had)
Nokia 6230 (with 256 mb card)
Sony Erricson K750i (damn good phone with opera and msn on it also had a really good camera and top knotch music capabilities) (1gb High Speed MSProDuo card)

richard_d

richard_d

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Which version are people using of opera mini

i get 2.0 low memory working fine but the advanced or high memory just installs but crashes before i can click yes to the EULA and i never get further than that

Not that i can see a difference between the two really and the low memory one is really very fast in GPRS areas and things fit better on the screen than in PIE (even when set to one column mode)

I want it really for when im on the train with only GPRS or for pages that just dont look right in PIE (which is not many to be fair) (digitalspy.co.uk is the main one i can think of)

JEREMY

High memory and it installed without a problem - I didn't do anything special... Don't know what to suggest.

Richard

Richard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jeremymacmull

jeremymacmull

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Ill try the high memory one again i thnk and see what happens if other poeple have got it to work i must be able to

Its not the end of the world though as the low memory one is pretty good and i cant tell the difference between them

Anyone know what the differences are between the low and high memory versions

JEREMY

Current Phone: T-Mobile Touch Plus (HTC Touch Dual) on Flext 30 with WNW and 2Gb MicroSD Sandisk

Previous Pocket PCs

T-Mobile Vario II
Psion Series 3c

Recent Previous Phones
Sony J9
Sony Erricson K750i (damn good phone with opera and msn on it also had a really good camera and top knotch music capabilities) (1gb High Speed MSProDuo card)

jeremymacmull

jeremymacmull

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Ok i downloaded the high memory one again and yep it works perfectly now.

got a question any way of directly putting a shortcut to opera mini in SPB pocket plus.

I can (and have) put a shortcut to the midlet manager then can launch opera mini from there but how do i put a shortcut to the midlet directly really

JEREMY

Previous Pocket PCs

T-Mobile Vario II
Psion Series 3c

Recent Previous Phones
Sony J9

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Ok i downloaded the high memory one again and yep it works perfectly now.

got a question any way of directly putting a shortcut to opera mini in SPB pocket plus.

I can (and have) put a shortcut to the midlet manager then can launch opera mini from there but how do i put a shortcut to the midlet directly really

JEREMY

Not sure you would be able to? They only exist inside the java engine (midlet manager) don't they?

jeremymacmull

jeremymacmull

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
yeah that's what I thought but then I might as well have asked in case I was wrong

cheers though

Jeremy

Previous Pocket PCs

T-Mobile Vario II
Psion Series 3c

Recent Previous Phones
Sony J9

richard_d

richard_d

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
Tried Mobile Gmaps over the weekend and found it completely unuseable over GPRS - worse than Virtual Earth Mobile. Maps24 works well, although the search function couldn't find one major employer by postcode, and the planned route from my house to work involved a short, but peculiar diversion onto a motorway. I've just installed the official google maps mobile but haven't really tested yet. I can see me keeping Maps24, but I'm not sure it's got great advantages over the mobile version of Multimap...

Richard

Richard

fozzie

fozzie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, Nexus 7
Just to give an old thread a new lease of life....

I recently upgraded my T-Mob MDA Vario II from WM5 to WM6 and was surprised to find that the problem still exists - the Tao Midlet manager doesn't have the 'Session' security option.

There's a good thread over at xda-developers called 'All the Intent MIDlet Managers 11.x ever released'. I tried to install the latest version (11.1.7.1036) which is actually the same version as on the device, but it failed for security reasons (although the device is app unlocked).

However, the good news is that I was able to extract the appropriate file from the .cab, renamed it (to rofs_target.zip), copied it over the one on my device (\Application Data\Tao\intent) after having made a backup copy of the original, set the 'System' attribute (not sure if that's actually needed, but the original file has it set) et voila, 'session' is back :)

Note that you may need to re-install the apps, to get the 'session' option.

Attached File  rofs_target.zip   735.32KB   34 downloads

Edited by fozzie, 05 April 2008 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users