Pay As You Go Sim Problem

Guest feck_on_a_stick

Guest feck_on_a_stick

Bit of a stab in the dark here. Hope someone out there can help.

I used to have a M500 on an Orange contract. I got the phone upgraded to a Sony K800i and thought I would sell it on ebay. The guy who won it has contacted me to tell me that everything works apart from the fact that he cannot make any calls on it. I had used a pay as you go sim in the phone just before I sold it, so I definately know it worked, but this was before my new phone arrived and was registered.

Do Orange do anything with mobiles once they have been replaced with a new upgrade so this sort of thing doesnt happen?

I will give them a call, but wanted to check here first as I would not have a clue where to start with Orange CS.

Many Thanks in advance

Guest awarner (MVP)

Did you SIM unlock your phone and is he using and Orange SIM?

The phone will be SIM locked but apart from that Orange do not do anything to the phone unless you have not paid your bill or the phone is reported stolen.

Guest feck_on_a_stick
Did you SIM unlock your phone and is he using and Orange SIM?

The phone will be SIM locked but apart from that Orange do not do anything to the phone unless you have not paid your bill or the phone is reported stolen.

Hi

Thanks for the quick response, however I did not do anything to the phone that would make it work on other networks. The new owner of the mobile had an Orange PAYG sim and has even gone and bought a new Orange PAYG sim hoping it would work, but it did not fix the problem.

Bills were direct debit and always paid. The phone wasnt reported stolen either. Looks like I may have to contact CS but I didnt think they would be too interested in this as it is no longer the mobile that I use.

I feel really bad now that this guy cant get it to work :D