26 replies to this topic

olearys

olearys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:null
it's fixed now.

the modem was mysteriously appearing as a serial device on the device manager. I had to reinstall this device using the USB modem driver.

All the good now

thanks

Edited by olearys, 16 April 2007 - 07:33 PM.

aqualand

aqualand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same problem as Olearys. I've disabled USB connections within activesync, started up the wireless modem, setup the APN (this is for tmobile on vario2) and selected USB as the connection type. I plug the cable into the vario and nothing happens.

I've tried this on two different machines, the second one didn't have activesync installed so shouldn't have conflicted with the USB type install but neither kicked off the hardware detection wizard.

Could this be a hardware/software problem with the phone, i've got no issues with activesync detecting the phone normally so the problem only appears when i launch the wireless modem program.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Wildfire

Wildfire

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Toshiba TG01
I have been trying to do this for some time and am failing badly, I have a couple of problems that don't help.

I have vista.....I hate it with a passion
I don't have an internet connection, I am trying to d/l the drivers to my phone to then copy onto mt lappy, they change file type to .ini files and are useless.
the disk I got with the phone has drivers, but for some reason will not install to vista according to orange C/S

any ideas on how I can achieve this and get the phone and laptop working together?

Phone history: Nokia Cityman - Moto Mr602 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 6150 - Nokia 7110 - Nokia 9000 - Moto T280 - Nokia 7650 - SPV - Pana GD87e - SE p800 - Seimens SL55 - SE T610 - Nokia 3300 - Nokia 6600 - SE p900 - SPV E200 - Sanyo S750 - SPV M1000 - M2000 - M5000 - Moto Maxx V6 (for one day) - SPV M3100 (coming soon)

bigphil77

bigphil77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:spv m3100
First time poster here. I signed up after killing myself trying to use my M3100 as a USB modem.

Orange actually have a step-by-step guide I just found, and it works really well. It's at http://web.orange.co.uk/eps/

Phil

Tony W

Tony W

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II, O2 XDA 2S

First time poster here. I signed up after killing myself trying to use my M3100 as a USB modem.

Orange actually have a step-by-step guide I just found, and it works really well. It's at http://web.orange.co.uk/eps/

Phil

I posted an answer to a similar question on XDA Developers here: XDA Dev Post on USB Modem setting up. It may help. I use it with no problems with this simple set-up.

Regards

Tony
Vario II
IPL:1.04 / SPL:2.10 Olipro
Radio:1.54.07.00

worldno1stuner

worldno1stuner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:MDA VARIO III
Hello bro plz I just got an MDA vario III, but I don't have the active sync, but i downloaded an active sync, but I need a modern driver to be able to connect to the internet with my phone....Kindly help me out here....

Major

i'm not sure if this is possible over WiFi - i very, very much doubt it though!

:D

Via USB = a piece of cake.

You'll need to grab the USBMDM drivers from somewhere first though.. i do not have them to hand!

Once you have those drivers, plug the USB into device, and then into PC. It will then look for the appropriate drivers. Direct Windows to where you have stored the USBMDM driver, and they shall be automatically installed.

If you have already introduced your device to your computer via USB, within Device Manager you should be able to update drivers. Once again point to where you saved the USBMDM drivers on your computer.

If that fails uninstall the hardware within device manger, and start again!

When the modem is installed, go to (on PC) -
Start, Control Panel, Phone and Modem Options
Select the Modems tab
In here you shall see the modem installed on a Com port
Highlight the modem and go to properties
Select the advanced tab. Here you can enter an "initilization command"
Type in - at+cgdcont=1,"IP","general.t-mobile.uk" (this IS CaSe specfic)
For anyone else reading who isnt on T-Mo, simply replace general.t-mobile.uk with your networks APN
Click on OK, and OK

Set up the connection -
In the Control Panel open Network Connections
Create a new connection
Within the Wizard -
Connect to the Internet
Set up my Connection Manually
Connect Using a Dial-up modem
Check the USB Modem on Com x and uncheck any others
ISP = [a friendly name]
Dial = *99#
Username = user
Password = pass
Uncheck to two boxes in here
Create a shortcut on your deskptop
Dial

You are now connected

Easy

:angry:

Here is the driver -

worldno1stuner

worldno1stuner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:MDA VARIO III
HELP ME LOCATE THE MODERN DRIVER FOR MY MDA VARIO III, I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE, NO LUCK...THANK YOU BUNCH..

MAJOR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users