BT77 GPS RECEIVER PROBLEMS ON SPV M3100

Guest hooper99

Guest hooper99

Hi all

I am hoping someone will be able to help me.

I have an Orange SPV M3100 and I have just loaded TomTom Navigator 5 on which runs ok apart from no GPS device.

I have tried to connect my BT77 receiver to this however on the configuration part for the GPS it only gives the option of other bluetooth device and Com3, Com7, RIL on Com6 and S2410 IRDA. None of these are being accepted on the bluetooth configuration, it is only accepting Com0 :D

I would appreciate any advice on this as at present I am slowly pulling my hair out :D

Hi all

I have an Orange SPV M3100 and I have just loaded TomTom Navigator 5 on which runs ok apart from no GPS device.

I have tried to connect my BT77 receiver to this however on the configuration part for the GPS it only gives the option of other bluetooth device and Com3, Com7, RIL on Com6 and S2410 IRDA. None of these are being accepted on the bluetooth configuration, it is only accepting Com0 :D

I would appreciate any advice on this as at present I am slowly pulling my hair out :D

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry764791

Guest hooper99

Hi thanks for the link to the thread although it did not help on this occassion as I have tried a partnership with one mobile then the gps which did not give me the correct com port number. I then tried with two mobiles paired however the M3100 will not let me have com3 or com5 which are the only ports that the reciever are showing as acceptable for just the com ports :D

Guest philternent
Hi all

I am having almost exact same problem with Quartz BT-Q800 receiver, help!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevietaff
I am having almost exact same problem with Quartz BT-Q800 receiver, help!

I am having that exact same problem with my m3100 and a BT bluetooth. Tried all sorts, starting to lose it a bit now though. Does anyone know if TOMTOM 6 works ok with these devices though?

Guest hooper99

Yeah I have a solution

We deleted all the tomtom files then loaded on tomtom 6.01 then selected serial port in the settings then in the bluetooth settings selected new incoming com port as number 4 which it let us and the outgoing port as number 8.

Then in the tom tom settings selected other bluettoth receiver and then com port 8

All this worked fine.

We think that tom tom versions older than 6.01 must not be compatible.

Hope this helps you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrchompy
Yeah I have a solution

We deleted all the tomtom files then loaded on tomtom 6.01 then selected serial port in the settings then in the bluetooth settings selected new incoming com port as number 4 which it let us and the outgoing port as number 8.

Then in the tom tom settings selected other bluettoth receiver and then com port 8

All this worked fine.

We think that tom tom versions older than 6.01 must not be compatible.

Hope this helps you

That worked for me - I didn't need to load v6.01, I just set the com ports to 4 and 8. I'm using a BT74 GPS unit