31 replies to this topic

roma0803

roma0803

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II/Nokia N82
Good to hear mrhansson, and welcome to the forums ;-)

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

djrobx

djrobx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 3125

Just wanted to say thanks guys and confirm that application unlocking a Cingular 3125 really works.
I got a brand new 3125 yesterday, loaded the regeditSTG.exe and changed values -1005 and -1017 according to roma's post above. The -1001 setting was already 1 by the way..
After restarting the phone I ran SDA_ApplicationUnlock on the PC, and restarted the phone a second time.
Now I just synchronized Thunderbird through Birdiesync and it works PERFECT.
Love ya all :rolleyes:

I have a Cingular 3125, but the application unlock as described did not seem to work on my phone. I performed the regedits and ran the SDA_ApplicaitonUnlock tool but I am still unable to run the pocketsnes application due to no digital signature.

quynh

quynh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:null

Just wanted to say thanks guys and confirm that application unlocking a Cingular 3125 really works.
I got a brand new 3125 yesterday, loaded the regeditSTG.exe and changed values -1005 and -1017 according to roma's post above. The -1001 setting was already 1 by the way..
After restarting the phone I ran SDA_ApplicationUnlock on the PC, and restarted the phone a second time.
Now I just synchronized Thunderbird through Birdiesync and it works PERFECT.
Love ya all :rolleyes:

Hi mrhansson - can you please give me step by step on how to unlock cigular 3125? I just got mine yesterday and need to unlock it.
Thanks.
Quynh

quynh

quynh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi,whenever i run the registry.exe file - it keeps saying it's not a valid win32 application. what am i doing wrong?

Application unlock your phone using the HTC signed Registry Editor. (RegeditSTG - Google it) Copy this to your phone directly and run it on the phone. Change the key values noted below.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1001 = 2 -->Change the value data from 2 to 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1005 = 16 --> Change the value data from 16 to 40
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1017 = 128 --> Change the value data from 128 to 144

chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe

Lovin' the Gator Nation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:HTC Fuze

hi,whenever i run the registry.exe file - it keeps saying it's not a valid win32 application. what am i doing wrong?

that exe file is meant to run directly on your phone. Are you running it on the desktop or the phone?

cj

Edited by chrisjaffe, 26 October 2006 - 03:16 AM.

quynh

quynh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm running it directly on the phone - perhaps i'm doing it wrong? here's how i do it:
open activesync 4.1
there's an explore option on the active sync - click on that (which is the phone)
then drop the regedit.exe file there - is thaot correct?

chrisjaffe

chrisjaffe

Lovin' the Gator Nation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:HTC Fuze
That's what works for me...

quynh

quynh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok - now when i change the value data, after restarting the phone, the value went back to the original values - and nothing happened, phone is still locked. What am i doing wrong?

THanks for all the help.

rickster12

rickster12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i need help with my phone cuz i mean i did everything the registry stuff and it worked the settings stay the same but i mean how do u unlock the phone and also i used this stuff for the 8125 i have and this unlock comes up but theres two of them do i need to put in the unlock code inthe the unlocking screen when it comes up when i out another sim into that phone or what do i do ..?
i need help unlocking my 3125 aswell

nickcornaglia

nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Devices:iPhone5
  • Twitter:@nickcornaglia
Welcome to the site. The registry changes are to application unlock the phone. To SIM unlock, go to www.imei-check.com

You may want to look into some typing/punctuation/english classes as well! :)

-Nick

jason12

jason12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I used registrySTG to modify 3125 registry. First it looked like it took the values. However after reboot (remove battery) all values came back to originals. Am I missing anything?

Thanks

FirstCavWife

FirstCavWife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Roma!
Thanks so much!!!!!
I followed your instructions and now that little CheckLock program says that my 3125 is unlocked!!!!
Thanks!!!!!
-Dawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users