• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

pierre

pierre

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Canary> Tanager> Typhoon> Hurricane> Magician> Wizard> Universal> i600> Hermes> Samsung i600> TouchPro
  • Devices:HTC TouchPro
Hey Phil,

Thanks for trying, n thanks God if your C550 is still usable after that!

Looks like it won't be necessary to know more about what this chinese website says. I got interested after seeing the several smileys in the forum there, but it must have been people laughing.

As for mine, it is still being buggy, that is while placing a call it happens that the phone gets entirely stuck and that it is necessary to take the battery off. It's very irritating, knowing the call can not be stopped. I have the original Orange' rom, and wonder if another rom, such as qtek or imate's would improve the stability... Any advice appreciated.

Sun is shining, weather is sweet.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Karate, Mobile Phones, Hockey, Sailing, Kayaking, Watersports in general.<br /><br />Building My TARDIS :D
  • Devices:Acer M900, soon a HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@frillip1

Hey Phil,

Thanks for trying, n thanks God if your C550 is still usable after that!

Looks like it won't be necessary to know more about what this chinese website says. I got interested after seeing the several smileys in the forum there, but it must have been people laughing.

As for mine, it is still being buggy, that is while placing a call it happens that the phone gets entirely stuck and that it is necessary to take the battery off. It's very irritating, knowing the call can not be stopped. I have the original Orange' rom, and wonder if another rom, such as qtek or imate's would improve the stability... Any advice appreciated.

The only 'fully' working ROM in english is the Tmobile SDA II ROM, downside being your music buttons will do random stuff instead of control WMP, i suggest you back up all your 'Short_APx.lnk' files before upgrading. There is a Qtek 8200 upgrade floating around somewhere but its all in russian, and while the OS can be changed to english, t9 is still in russian with no option/way of changing it :D

Check your PM for all the details i sent you :)

My C550 has become my 'test' device so to speak, it might as well be a brick for what it was designed to do, due to the headset problems i had earlier combined with annoying foreign languages :D but it can still serve a useful purpose as a learning tool :D

Phil

Read my Blog!

Get 2.25GB of FREE online backup at https://mozy.com/?ref=5FQY80

lazaj007

lazaj007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hello, it will be something with this WM5 rom from china? or not? and what rom is the best for SPV C550? oryginal orange, qutek or SDA II?
thank for answer and soryy for my english

jhils1

jhils1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

The only 'fully' working ROM in english is the Tmobile SDA II ROM, downside being your music buttons will do random stuff instead of control WMP, i suggest you back up all your 'Short_APx.lnk' files before upgrading. There is a Qtek 8200 upgrade floating around somewhere but its all in russian, and while the OS can be changed to english, t9 is still in russian with no option/way of changing it :)

Check your PM for all the details i sent you ;)

My C550 has become my 'test' device so to speak, it might as well be a brick for what it was designed to do, due to the headset problems i had earlier combined with annoying foreign languages :( but it can still serve a useful purpose as a learning tool :D

Phil

Cant you just go into windows and stick in "T9EnglishLdb.dll"? (appears on the standard ROM but could probably use
it from any WM 2003/5 device). Or am I missing something?

motorola m301/Ericsson PF768/Ericsson T18/Ericsson T28/Siemans SL45/Pansonic GD87e/SPV E200/SPV C500/SPV C550/XDA Graphite(ASUS) Jupiter/Samsung i900 Omnia (16gb)/SonyEricsonExperiaX10-NOT IMPRESSED

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Karate, Mobile Phones, Hockey, Sailing, Kayaking, Watersports in general.<br /><br />Building My TARDIS :D

Cant you just go into windows and stick in "T9EnglishLdb.dll"? (appears on the standard ROM but could probably use
it from any WM 2003/5 device). Or am I missing something?

Tried it and unfortunately it doesn't work :D Oh well, the Tmob ROM isn't too bad to live with ;)

Phil

Read my Blog!

lazaj007

lazaj007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
qtek 8200 have full english language. sometimes it is problem with keyboard, but after installation go to message writing, change T9 languge to english and next, change system language.everything must by ok.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

qtek 8200 have full english language. sometimes it is problem with keyboard, but after installation go to message writing, change T9 languge to english and next, change system language.everything must by ok.

Thats the problem, I hold star and no option appears for me to change the t9 language, also the letters are the russian alphabet.

System language change works fine, just t9 that is the problem

Phil

Read my Blog!

lazaj007

lazaj007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
its strange, in my spv c550 whit qtek rom everything is ok with letters. but i was can change languge only after instalation (T9 language), now if i wanna change T9 lang or just add some symbol i see "(null)" - blank screen. but i think that my polish language package do this problem.

sorry for english :D i know, its very bad ;)
best greetings from Poland :(

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
Your english is good! I've given up with the Qtek 8200 update anyway, I'll probably end up cooking my own ROM with english t9, no operator branding, AKU2 or 3.5 and music buttons that work! ;)

Phil

Edited by The Doctor, 15 March 2007 - 01:47 AM.

Read my Blog!

lazaj007

lazaj007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
i have one question to You
in Your Profile Information is "C550 (WM5)", how it works? ;)

ps. this rom what are You cooking, it will be public?

Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts
  • Interests:techno, Leeds United
  • Devices:HTC Touch Dual / SPV E650

Not if it contains any copyrighted code.
That would be stealing ;)

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

i have one question to You
in Your Profile Information is "C550 (WM5)", how it works? ;)

WM5 on the C550 is a nightmare atm, I'm using a dumped OS section from my old Qtek 8310 with a modified (to suit memory mapping of the hurricane) typhoon IU bootloader to boot WinCE 5.xx

Plus side:
AKU2
A2DP
WM5

Downside:
No USB connectivity, so no Active Sync
No IrDA
Phone function doesn't work (corrupted IMEI in the process, IMEI before: 355xxxx etc and after: 487xxxxx etc)
Phone resets on use of the joystick
It's a pain to go back to WM2003SE

The ROM I am currently cooking is based on the i-mate SP5 OS but will eventually have full compatibility with the HTC Hurricane

I'm not going to make it public due to the fact that:
  • The sheer amount of bugs in it
  • It's such a pain to go back to WM2003SE
  • After you corrupt your IMEI, you wont be able to use the phone ever again without rewriting your IMEI
  • Disco Stu will eat me :D
Phil

Edited by The Doctor, 15 March 2007 - 11:00 PM.

Read my Blog!

lazaj007

lazaj007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
ok. i understand.
but it's not good, because C550 doesnt have any support from Orange side.
it is support from T-Mobile for SDA II, but this rom have a lot of junk staff and is buggy.
and rom from Qtek 8200, it is the best what i know, its clear, but.... have many bugs ;) specialy with language support, writting sms and installatios of some programs.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

ok. i understand.
but it's not good, because C550 doesnt have any support from Orange side.
it is support from T-Mobile for SDA II, but this rom have a lot of junk staff and is buggy.
and rom from Qtek 8200, it is the best what i know, its clear, but.... have many bugs ;) specialy with language support, writting sms and installatios of some programs.

Personally i think the orange ROM is the best, mainly cuz the music buttons work and its english, i've never had any problems with it, unfortunately it isnt available anywhere 2 download...

Phil

Read my Blog!

lazaj007

lazaj007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
i dont like rom's like T-Mobile or Orange, they have to many service junk (logos, theme, sounds, bootsplash end else)
i have orange rom, in bin file. but i dont wanna back to it.
and the next problem, more of new application fot smartphone, are for WM5, not for WM3
and language support, if i wanna have polish language so i must goes many steps to do it. but if i switch of the phone and remowe battery, polish language disapear.
WM3 is a good system, but it is to many problems whit personalize phone

lazaj007

lazaj007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
i have one more question
in another forum i was see post, that someone have dump rom with WM6 for tornado, but he doesn't give any links.
but if it is true, so it is a chance for WM6 for hurricane? maybe it will be more compatybil?

SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
I have a C550 kicking around and i'd just like to use it for playing MP3s over my Stereo Bluetooth Bluetake I-phono headset. (listening to Paul McKenna before sleep! :-)

So i need A2DP and wm5.

Is there a rom in existence to get A2DP working? I don't mind never using the phone again as a phone!

Is there "The Doctor" in the house??

lazaj007

lazaj007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
if you need wm5 for hurricane, so you must wait a little bit more.
soon will be working version wm5 for hurricane

princepavs

princepavs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:SPV C500

WM5 on the C550 is a nightmare atm, I'm using a dumped OS section from my old Qtek 8310 with a modified (to suit memory mapping of the hurricane) typhoon IU bootloader to boot WinCE 5.xx

Plus side:
AKU2
A2DP
WM5

Downside:
No USB connectivity, so no Active Sync
No IrDA
Phone function doesn't work (corrupted IMEI in the process, IMEI before: 355xxxx etc and after: 487xxxxx etc)
Phone resets on use of the joystick
It's a pain to go back to WM2003SE

The ROM I am currently cooking is based on the i-mate SP5 OS but will eventually have full compatibility with the HTC Hurricane

I'm not going to make it public due to the fact that:

• The sheer amount of bugs in it
  • It's such a pain to go back to WM2003SE
  • After you corrupt your IMEI, you wont be able to use the phone ever again without rewriting your IMEI
  • Disco Stu will eat me :rolleyes:
Phil

hi i tried to use imate Sp5 rom on ma C550.. as told by awarner.... it's not workin & lies as a papper weight since nov 2006.. while i was goin thought this hit n tried rom of ur's i thought may be u can help me in anyway jst to get my c550 to boatloader mode to be able to flash C550 rom onto it... plz comment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users