Orange SPV M3100 Upgrade

Guest bUrGe

I've posted in the main upgrade thread but got no response...........................

How can I get this phone free? I've just got my PAC code from Orange and called one last time.

Best they could do is

I'm sorry to dissappoint you mate, but I think along with bUrGe, even you have been ripped mate. I've been on a 12month contract with orange and my average bill was only

Guest MonkeyJug

guys, i just HAD TO reply to this thread!

i have been with orange for almost 3 years, via an e200, c500 and now a c600, on

Edited by MonkeyJug

I'll try again today me thinks - not bad really!

I really want this phone and don't want to leave Orange. The guy on the phone yesterday said they would be losing money if I got the phone free. I don't care, I just want to get the phone!

bUrGe - I too was going to leave Orange to go to T-Mobile as I thought I would get the best deal from them being on there web and walk and all - I would still have had to pay well over

i then asked her about the unlimited internet access that i read about on this forum and she said it was also included for free!!!! OMG!!!

You might want to get that in writing on your notes! Even the fortunate few people that managed to get the Orange World Bundle (Unlimited) had to pay

I suspect (though I may be wrong - I often am :rolleyes: ) that you'll get it free for the first two or three months only - that seems to be fairly standard with Orange - reeling you into the delights of data so you can't do without it then charging you for it - still three months free data use isn't to be sneezed at, and if you can get the 1GB

I had no problem getting my 3100 for free - I don't see a miassive problem with an 18 month contract because the T-Mobile I used to get my deal was also 18 months.

Why is 18 months so bad to save the kind of money I've saved?

I was on a 4 year old family contract with 200 min/month. I was spending about

I'm defecting from my Treo 650 (I'll be giving my faithfull, trusty old fellow a minutes silence - it's been good to me, as was the Treo 600 before it but WiFi and decent bluetooth is too much to resist)..

I'm with Orange - up until now my bill has been anywhere between

Edited by jimmymc

Yeah I agree - I can't figure out how they work it out themselves.. the week before, I spoke to someone about the godawful tariff I was on and they couldn't/wouldn't do a thing.. maybe it's all about the people you get.. or I wonder if it was timing.. they might have targets to hit or something..

Just rang back 3 times in a row, three different people, different answers. None will budge below

Spoke with Orange CS on the 19th after reading Monkey Jug's excellent twist of the truth :rolleyes: so went through to upgrades - told them that a friend had got it yada yada yada (well monkey jug's a kind of forum person i've read posts from, but i'm a nice guy so hey he's a friend to me :( ) the guy at CS put me through to retentions straight away, they told me they could do the upgrade free but i had to wait til month nine of my contract as i was in month 8, and when i got my bill i'd be able to ring up and get it.

Yesterday (20th) i got my phone bill through (WTF?!?!) but as i'd got home late i couldn't be bovvered to ring, so i did today.

SPV M3100 - Free

Dolphin

Got tired on asking in the end - there was no movement on the price, so I've got for the M600 instead.

Decided last night the M3100 is just too big, I'll never use the keyboard and it also means buying another format of SD card.

I've got loads of normal SD cards and all I want is a mobile 5 touchscreen device to develop an idea on, along with wifi and bluetooth. That'll do me!

Are'nt you getting data and stuff otherwise this could get very expensive for you.

Jeremy

Nope, as i use it mainly for calendar, making notes, watching films, MP3's in fact nearly everything that don't require the web browsing feature, if i do go online i use work's wireless access point and home wireless, so it's a good plan for me.