CamerAware is now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Not that the UK has too many cameras or anything... here's the CamerAware coverage map :rolleyes:

My god. You don't realise until you zoom out to see the whole UK.

No wonder many people are fed up with the speed cameras!

My god. You don't realise until you zoom out to see the whole UK.

No wonder many people are fed up with the speed cameras!

If there are that many 'unsafe' spots, it's amazing we're allowed cars at all :rolleyes:

Of course, one could be cynical and say that these are Police force cash points, but then I'm not a cynical person :(

Looks good but like a few others I'm not 100% sure I need it just yet.

Does it need a GPRS connection at all or can it work entirely offline?

Any chance of some screenshots as to what it looks like when you get near a camera.

Does it need a GPRS connection at all or can it work entirely offline?

Only when you download the latest database and the update of the software. Also if you enable online tracking, it requires GPRS.

Like Paul said in his first post, it's recommended that you're on flat rate data plan.

But apart from them it can work offline

Edited by tsutton

Details now sent by PM :)

P

All received, thanks a lot.

Just going out to roar around, with some periods of long and extended braking :rolleyes: :(

Not really, ex Traffic Cop me! Back in the days when everyone had a "sporting chance"!

Rob

Installed and running fine on my SPV M500 and connected to my BT-321 GPS mouse no problems. Now to see how it works in the car.

As far as it co-existing with TomTom, I could test it if I had the database, which I can only get by registering the full version. I can test if it will share the Bluetooth COM port with TomTom though and will report back. However, I may be tempted to part with my hard-earned and buy the full version of CamerAware as it would mean not having to use TomTom for warning of cameras - which is a bit like overkill when I know where I'm going! Looking good so far though.

Theoretically, if both TomTom and CamerAware connected to the Windows Mobile 5 shared GPS port, they could co-exist... :rolleyes:

CamerAware could run in the background, and it already brings itself automagically to the front when a red-alert scenario happens.

Any guinea pigs? :(

P

just got TT6 working so if you are looking for testers give me a shout :)

(qtek8310 TT6 adapt bt gps )

Edited by Mr_Gee

Hmm i can't connect to my BT GPS, for some reason com 6 is not detected :rolleyes:

Anything special i need to do?

(tt is working with this com port)

Edited by Mr_Gee

Guest adchaffey
Hmm i can't connect to my BT GPS, for some reason com 6 is not detected :rolleyes:

Anything special i need to do?

(tt is working with this com port)

Don't want to state the obvious, but did you turn bluetooth on?

I don't mean to take the micheal, but I did actually forget as I am used to Tom Tom turning it on for me! Any chance of that as a feature in future version Paul? Perhaps it could turn bluetooth on when you connect, and turn it off again when you disconnect? (although that wouldn't be good if you we're using a bluetooth headset!)

The speed display on my SPV C550 doesn't update properly - the bottom 1-2mm doesn't refresh so it misses the bottom of the numbers off.

Is there a fix for this?

If it wasn't for this I would have purchased the software right away!

James / leeph

Guest Fizz_daz

Tom tom 5 and mobile can be set to warn when approaching POI's so you just need the database there are plenty available.. however this app is great if you don't have TOM TOM

Guest nickcornaglia

Since I don't have any speed-cameras in my area to slow down my SUPER FAST driving (in my hyundai).....

...what other features could we expect and how soon?

The location broadcasting interests me, but could you explain how accessable it is to others? I'd try it, but I'm under the impression this feature isn't available in the trial.

Do you have any additional features planned, specifically to do with location? RSS for outside webpage integration? Group locations?

Guest Shuriken1

Hi, I just got the email from the site about this and it looks like a cracking bit of kit. A friend has a bluetooth GPS aerial and if I can get it all to work then I will probably be buying this product within the week. However, there is one question I would like to clarify and I haven't yet found an answer.

Does CamerAware give audio warnings when approaching a camera? It has the red, yellow and green warning box which is cool but this would be so much better if I could leave the GPS aerial in my glovebox and the phone in my pocket.

Apologies if this has already been answered, thanks.

Shuriken.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.