• Please log in to reply
492 replies to this topic

nevawlkalone

nevawlkalone

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Interests:Muay-Thai (Thai-Boxing), electric guitar, chillin with ma mates, any loud heavy metal music!!!!
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Blackberry Pearl

thanks paul, this looks perfect as am just checking in to fly out to boston! one problem, when I try and download it using IE on my M3100 the resulting file is index.php and I cannot rename it in file explorer as the file extension is hidden?

cheers.....

ed

Try to right click and save target as...

this happened to me over at coolsmartphone and this was the solution...

HTH

Edited by nevawlkalone, 28 September 2006 - 11:24 AM.

Muay-Thai...The Art And Science Of Eight Limbs

Keep Death Off The Road...Drive On The Pavement

FlangeArtist

FlangeArtist

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Snwoboarding, Kite Boarding, Mountain Boarding, Playing Rugby, Playing Football, Playing Golf, Playing Tennis, Playing Squash<br /><br />Gadgets, more gadgets, and even more gadgets
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD2/HD/Diamond
Is it possible to increase the functionality of this nice little utility?

Like most people, I have set-up automatic retreival of email (PUSH or POP). Currently that run's all day at a selected interval (for me every hour). However this is bloody anoying when at 1 or 2am you receive an email, and you get awoken by the alert!

So, is it possible that functionality could be added that would allow the user to indicate hours of operation? Such as for each day, you could say allow connection between times?

For Example:

Mon-Fri: Allow 06:00 until 22:00

Sat-Sun: Allow 10:00 until 22:00

Web: http://www.InternetWideWorld.com/

Phone History: Philips Genie (Vodaphone: 1998), Nokia 7110 (Orange: 1999), SPV (Orange), SPV E100 (Orange), SPV E200 (Orange), SPV C500 (Orange), SPV C550 (Orange), MDA Vario 2 (T-Mobile:21/08/2006), HTC TyTN II (T-Mobile:05/09/2007) HTC Diamond (T-Mobile:20/06/2008), HTC Touch HD (T-Mobile: 21/11/2008), HTC Touch HD2 (T-Mobile: 04/06/2010)

tsutton

tsutton

Need answers? Use the search feature. :)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2/HD2 (Andriod)
  • Twitter:@tony_sutton
Does this work on Wizard? (MDA Vario)

- Tony Sutton
- My Ford Focus ST170 car | My Car's Dashcam Video

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Should work on any PPC, and maybe Smartphone :rolleyes:

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

tsutton

tsutton

Need answers? Use the search feature. :)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2/HD2 (Andriod)
  • Twitter:@tony_sutton
Thanks, I'll have a play with it on my Vario

- Tony Sutton
- My Ford Focus ST170 car | My Car's Dashcam Video

jeremymacmull

jeremymacmull

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Devices:Htc one m7 and hudl2
hi paul

I've tried to download it on my vario 2 via pie and it downloads index.php too and doesn't actually get the cab file

although it'll probably work fine on my desktop pc but it doesn't download on the vario 2

Jeremy

Current Phone: T-Mobile Touch Plus (HTC Touch Dual) on Flext 30 with WNW and 2Gb MicroSD Sandisk

Previous Pocket PCs

T-Mobile Vario II
Psion Series 3c

Recent Previous Phones
Sony J9
Casio T?? (OMG yes i had a casio phone!! worst one ive ever had)
Nokia 6230 (with 256 mb card)
Sony Erricson K750i (damn good phone with opera and msn on it also had a really good camera and top knotch music capabilities) (1gb High Speed MSProDuo card)

NCC-1701

NCC-1701

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV C550, MD Vario

Does this work on Wizard? (MDA Vario)

Tried it on my Wizard & it seems to work very well. For me the acid test comes next week when I go to Europe for a few days.

The time schedule idea / request sounds good too. Nothing worse than using the phone as an alarm clock only to be woken by an email in the middle of the night.

Keep up the good work & thanks.

Snoopstah

Snoopstah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
A simple but brilliant program - going on holiday on Monday and this is exactly what I was looking for!

If I was to make one small comment, it's that while it works fine in landscape mode, it's not as pretty :rolleyes:

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Ah yus, haven't used the fancy landscape switching control.

Might do a new version since it seems to be a useful app :rolleyes:

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

NikLP

NikLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Devices:Touch HD
  • Twitter:@NikLP

Ah yus, haven't used the fancy landscape switching control.

Might do a new version since it seems to be a useful app :(

P

I really appreciate this, I tried it out last night and it worked fine thanks! Now, I have a 'data-free' sleep and can still leave my phone on! Plus, I'm off to Greece this weekend! Huzzah!

Two things: any extra work you put into this I think would be greatly appreciated; and also, I'm not sure about your comments on the Orange connections earlier in this thread - my unit has been connecting to the net thru 'Orange GPRS WAP' and not 'Orange Internet'. I don't know if this has necessarily caused me an issue, but my bill was wrong and I am now thinking I should have disabled/deleted the WAP connection and left just the Internet one. Orange are not clear on this :rolleyes:

FlangeArtist

FlangeArtist

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Snwoboarding, Kite Boarding, Mountain Boarding, Playing Rugby, Playing Football, Playing Golf, Playing Tennis, Playing Squash<br /><br />Gadgets, more gadgets, and even more gadgets

Is it possible to increase the functionality of this nice little utility?
...snip...

So, is it possible that functionality could be added that would allow the user to indicate hours of operation? Such as for each day, you could say allow connection between times?
For Example:
Mon-Fri: Allow 06:00 until 22:00
Sat-Sun: Allow 10:00 until 22:00

Paul,

Have you had a look at adding the above functionality? If you don't have time, would it be possible to let some other 'developer' have a go, using your code as a base? Me=C#, .NET Developer

Phone History: Philips Genie (Vodaphone: 1998), Nokia 7110 (Orange: 1999), SPV (Orange), SPV E100 (Orange), SPV E200 (Orange), SPV C500 (Orange), SPV C550 (Orange), MDA Vario 2 (T-Mobile:21/08/2006), HTC TyTN II (T-Mobile:05/09/2007) HTC Diamond (T-Mobile:20/06/2008), HTC Touch HD (T-Mobile: 21/11/2008), HTC Touch HD2 (T-Mobile: 04/06/2010)

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
I'll post the source code here in a bit!

P

Posted Image

simonster

simonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Phones and Media Centers
  • Devices:Touch Dual (Niki) on T-Mobile
Paul,

Perhaps an extra benefit to Plus members could be a Plus version of the app?

s

Edited by simonster, 03 November 2006 - 10:25 PM.

Touch Dual on T-Mobile, 8gb SDHC.
Hermes as a backup

Check out my blog:
http://mygeekout.com

FlangeArtist

FlangeArtist

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

I'll post the source code here in a bit!

P

Not trying to be 'too' pushy :-), but how long is a bit? (same as my piece of string?)

abc123mda

abc123mda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Vario II
Newbie here - been looking how to do this for ages - not for when im abroad - though this would be good but for when i am home and waning to use WIFI not GPRS (especially for my directpush emails)

Quick question for you - how do I install this programme onto my VARIOII?

Many thanks

Edited by abc123mda, 21 November 2006 - 02:29 PM.

richard_d

richard_d

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

Newbie here - been looking how to do this for ages - not for when im abroad - though this would be good but for when i am home and waning to use WIFI not GPRS (especially for my directpush emails)

Quick question for you - how do I install this programme onto my VARIOII?

Many thanks

Just copy the cab file onto your device using ActiveSync. On your device use file explorer to find the cab, then double click on it to install it.

Richard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous phone - Nokia 6630, Previous Mobile Windows Device - IBM z50 !

abc123mda

abc123mda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Vario II

Just copy the cab file onto your device using ActiveSync. On your device use file explorer to find the cab, then double click on it to install it.

thanks - do i need to copy all 3 files onto the device?

richard_d

richard_d

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2

thanks - do i need to copy all 3 files onto the device?

Just this one: http://www.modaco.co...h...st&id=20053

Richard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous phone - Nokia 6630, Previous Mobile Windows Device - IBM z50 !

-=WOLFIE=-

-=WOLFIE=-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Photgraphy, (See our site!) Cars (1996 Subaru Impreza STi), Bikes
  • Devices:O2 XDA Mini S & SPV C550
Hi all, i have just got a XDA Mini S on O2, which is a fantasic bit of kit, i love the fact that i can surf the net and read my E-Mail over the WiFi, which leads me to the point of this post!. this might sound like a REALLY stupid question but how do i know if the GPRS system is active? as i want to turn the thing of as i dont want to use it at all.
I tried to install the Disable GPRS program, but when i try and run it it throws up a error message like "
ERROR, An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or selet Details for more informaation"
so i restart and it still say the same thing.
Any clues?
Also how do i remove the O2 programs? i really dont want or need most of them.
Thanks! :)

NikLP

NikLP

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Devices:Touch HD
  • Twitter:@NikLP

Hi all, i have just got a XDA Mini S on O2, which is a fantasic bit of kit, i love the fact that i can surf the net and read my E-Mail over the WiFi, which leads me to the point of this post!. this might sound like a REALLY stupid question but how do i know if the GPRS system is active? as i want to turn the thing of as i dont want to use it at all.
I tried to install the Disable GPRS program, but when i try and run it it throws up a error message like "
ERROR, An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or selet Details for more informaation"
so i restart and it still say the same thing.
Any clues?
Also how do i remove the O2 programs? i really dont want or need most of them.
Thanks! :)

Have you installed the CAB file properly? Don't open CABs on your PC - copy the archive straight onto your PPC and install it from there using a file explorer, or use the CABViaActiveSync utility provided in "Paul's free software" in this forum (hermes.modaco.com).

Your other questions can be answered a) by RTFM, and :P not on this thread! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users