New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

• 3 weeks later...
Guest journeytaker

I have a samsung jack that I app unlocked using clearsecurity from mobil jaw. I installed the nodata with NO problem!!!! thank you thank you! I have donated a dollar to you for this. I would donate 5 to keep from having unexpected data charges. Did you see where the guy from MYTH BUSTERS was charged 11,000 dollars by at and t for roaming a few hours in Canada!!!!!

Again I thank you!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just a suggestion: can u make the exit button without the confirmation screen and the toggle off with the information popup off?

it would be very fast then to switch on off conections.

tnx if u'll do it.

Guest starbux48

What is the difference between the No Data app and the Data Controller app? Are they both from MoDaCo? Is one newer or work better? I've seen many good reports on No Data, but some people say it either doesn't work or the settings revert somehow. I am using an HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt 8925) and as I have no data plan need to find an app that permanently disables my GPRS data. I can do all my data via WiFi, so do not need GPRS at all.

Guest starbux48

Previous poster suggested Data Controller.cab program to turn off GPRS. I read somewhere else that this program requires you install the Microsoft CF3.5 (or whatever it's called) to run. Can anyone confirm this?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for the No Data Utility, my wife's Omnia Icon was doing the same thing as other mobiles here, (and yes I thought I had everything switched off / manual activation already), and racked up a few thousand dollar bill with my carrier. Luckily I was able talk my way out of the excess charges as the guy believed I was in shock and had no idea what was going on, or could find a trace of the apparent gigabytes the phone had pulled down. Anyway have done a registry tweak to timeout inactive GPRS sessions as well as installed No Data, so hopefully I'll be able to sleep a little less restlessly :rolleyes:

Cheers mate,

Mark

• 2 months later...
Guest kschwarz

Hi,

I have installed NoData on my Samsung B7320L running Mobile 6.5 and when I try to toggle any of the available data connection it gives the error message "Error writing to the RegistryKey".

When I try to change the key manually through a RegEdit tool (PHM) I get "Unable to perform this operation".

Seems my registry is locked. I can´t change any key value.

Any suggestion? How could I change the settings to allow to edit any registry key?

Thanks,

Klaus

I recently purchased the unlocked Omnia II i8000 with bell.ca as the internet provider and couldnt disable bell from forcing to use their connection for the internet. I am in Mexico and was very annoying to get all pop ups from Bell trying to connect to get data. So I installed this utility and worked perfect. I am in Mexico and had no problem disabling bell.ca data provider.

Guest dezwakke2

Paul,

NoData works perfect but when I restart my HTC HD2 the 3

Vodafone Live!

Vodafone MMS

Vodafone Push Mail

are back to ENABLED

Is there a way to restart my phone with the DISABLED settings ?

If not then maybe it's possible to permanently set the dword values in the registry permanently to DISABLED ?

Thanks for your reply

cheers

Dezwakke2

Here's a quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData ;)

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...