* * * * * 8 votes

• Please log in to reply
492 replies to this topic

simen

simen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there. I tried instaling this app but it seems to have no effect on my WM6 HTC Touch. Regardless of what I disable the phone stille connects to EDGE and GPRS like before.
Are there any similar apps anyone could recomend? My phone keeps connecting to GPRS even though I have set all my programs to not connect automatically.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,321 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Hmmm, that's not good, let me check it out!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

george759

george759

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:htc tytn ii

Hi there. I tried instaling this app but it seems to have no effect on my WM6 HTC Touch. Regardless of what I disable the phone stille connects to EDGE and GPRS like before.
Are there any similar apps anyone could recomend? My phone keeps connecting to GPRS even though I have set all my programs to not connect automatically.

Hello. I agree with your post 100% as the same thing exactly happens to me also.( I own an HTC TYTN II -Kaiser ).
Let' s hope for Paul to find a solution for us. :)

smacmillan

smacmillan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch (Elf)

I've an HTC Touch (Rogers wireless in Canada) and nodata works fine for me -- except that you need to manually close a data connection if you've already established one.

So the sequence is toggle GPRS off with nodata; then hold down the disconnect phone button (right button) until the quick list comes up. Then press the "Terminate data connection" selection. You're done.

The registry change that nodata makes works fine so if you reset the Touch GPRS will still be unavailable.

Scott

george759

george759

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I've an HTC Touch (Rogers wireless in Canada) and nodata works fine for me -- except that you need to manually close a data connection if you've already established one.

So the sequence is toggle GPRS off with nodata; then hold down the disconnect phone button (right button) until the quick list comes up. Then press the "Terminate data connection" selection. You're done.

The registry change that nodata makes works fine so if you reset the Touch GPRS will still be unavailable.

Scott

Unless I haven' t understood what you are saying, I strongly disagree with you. The purpose of the NO DATA program, I believe, is that after you set it up, i.e running this program to toggle between various connections that exist in your mobile and make the choices you wish, is to protect you and keep these settings no matter what, unless you run this program again. When you can still get connected to some of the "disabled" networks these settings when reviewed you can see that have been changed, then this program does not work.

fozzie

fozzie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7
The purpose of the app is to prevent applications from starting up a data connection. If you've already got one open then you'll need to close it manually. :)

george759

george759

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The purpose of the app is to prevent applications from starting up a data connection. If you've already got one open then you'll need to close it manually. :D

What you are saying it makes completely sense.
Let me ask you something. When
1. you first setup the No DATA
2. should there any connections take place - WITHOUT YOUR OK - to a specific network although set as "DISABLED", without my OK ? and of course modify your settings to "ENABLED" as a result of this ?
3. to open one connection ( which means that you do really want to open it), it is completely logical to close it manually. In other words I do not disagree with what you are saying. :)

george759

george759

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
This post is addressed to Paul.
On Jan. 20, 2008 you mentioned that you are going to look into the problem that Smacmillan - and myself (agreed) - pointed out to you.

Any news or am I triggering you too soon ??

Thanks for help anyway. :)

spookydownunder

spookydownunder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:spv c500/qtek 8310
Just got the HTC touch dual. I assume that this lovely little application is just what I need to turn off GPRS when abroad. Am I right?

Linc!

Linc!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC 8525
OMG ! DUDE ! I think I love you ! ! ! (in a totally platonic way)

HTC 8526 WM6 Works perfect.... (so far)

The world is screaming for this tool and your the man!

Under which platform are you running for, I am voting for you!

Linc!

johnkneeboi

johnkneeboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hey i downloaded it onto my 8525,which one do i disable?media net or My isp gprs?i want to use only the wifi and disable the internet

sanchez27

sanchez27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC P4300
Hi, I just installed this on my HTC P4300 and I'm getting a .net compact framework error. It says I need a newer version. I'm running WM5. Where can I get the upgraded version?

yee_har

yee_har

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Orange S.F., Nexus 5
Hi. I'm trying NoData on my Vodafone V1415 (HTC S710) WM6 smartphone.
I've now installed it twice from the CAB file (previously loaded into My Documents via Windows Mobile Device Center).
The second installation was done after initial problems and after removing both NoData and Efficasoft GPRS Monitor.
Both times I have the same problem.

Bit of background first...

I have 5 profiles of GPRS defined and offered to me in NoData.

Business Email
Contract Internet
Contract WAP
PAYT Internet
PAYT WAP

I recall also that Efficasoft GPRS Monitor listed connections to be monitored such as (these are approximations as program now removed):

WWAN-Internet-1
WWAN1

I can (still) access my mail and the web via GPRS so there are valid connections present.

When I run NoData, I get the 5 profiles listed above (all showing Enabled) and when I try to toggle any of them I get the following error:

"Error

An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

Error writing to the RegistryKey"

Under Details, it shows:

"Error

NoData.exe
ExternalException
Error writing to the RegistryKey

at InTheHand.Win32.€square box.square box€()
at NoData.square box.square box€()
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.onclick()
at System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc()
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
at NoData.square box.square box€()"

Any help appreciated.

Edited by yee_har, 15 February 2008 - 04:31 PM.

DaLuca

DaLuca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi. I'm trying NoData on my Vodafone V1415 (HTC S710) WM6 smartphone.
I've now installed it twice from the CAB file (previously loaded into My Documents via Windows Mobile Device Center).
The second installation was done after initial problems and after removing both NoData and Efficasoft GPRS Monitor.
Both times I have the same problem.

Bit of background first...

I have 5 profiles of GPRS defined and offered to me in NoData.

Business Email
Contract Internet
Contract WAP
PAYT Internet
PAYT WAP

I recall also that Efficasoft GPRS Monitor listed connections to be monitored such as (these are approximations as program now removed):

WWAN-Internet-1
WWAN1

I can (still) access my mail and the web via GPRS so there are valid connections present.

When I run NoData, I get the 5 profiles listed above (all showing Enabled) and when I try to toggle any of them I get the following error:

"Error

An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

Error writing to the RegistryKey"

Under Details, it shows:

"Error

NoData.exe
ExternalException
Error writing to the RegistryKey

at InTheHand.Win32.€square box.square box€()
at NoData.square box.square box€()
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.onclick()
at System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc()
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
at NoData.square box.square box€()"

Any help appreciated.

Same problem right here! I have a WM6 HP 514 device... First I installed Nodata on my storage card. Then this problem occured. Then I installed it on my device... Same problem again! please help!

siscor

siscor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SPV m700 Orange
Hi! I have more problems :) I have a HTC P3600 in WM5 Nodata worked perfectly but I have updated to WM6 (FAMAN ES 4.02 rom) and I get "unexpected error", details:
NoData.exe
NullReferenceException
in NoData.∏.∏()
in NoData.∏.∏()
in System.Windows.Forms.Form.onload()
in System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibleNotify()
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible()
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
in NoData.∏.∏()

The ∏ is a square, probably it would be using any special characters????

Thanks for such a good application, very helpfull !!!!

Pawel Maziarz1

Pawel Maziarz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i600
I have the same problem as yee_har and DaLuca on samsung i600 smartphone with wm6 - Error writing to the RegistryKey.

edit: indeed, after unlocking with SDA_ApplicationUnlock everything works fine.

Edited by Pawel Maziarz1, 22 February 2008 - 11:51 PM.

dannroedebaron

dannroedebaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey boys girls,

how do I download this program,. seens the path is invalid

Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :)

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

fozzie

fozzie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7

hey boys girls,

how do I download this program,. seens the path is invalid

Click the link in the first post. Works fine here.

Stuart_f

Stuart_f

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 4

Hi! I have more problems :) I have a HTC P3600 in WM5 Nodata worked perfectly but I have updated to WM6 (FAMAN ES 4.02 rom) and I get "unexpected error", details:
NoData.exe
NullReferenceException
in NoData.∏.∏()
in NoData.∏.∏()
in System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad()
in System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibleNotify()
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible()
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
in NoData.∏.∏()

The ∏ is a square, probably it would be using any special characters????

Thanks for such a good application, very helpfull !!!!

I got this error after a hard reset and went to go and disable the registry entries manually. It was then that I discovered that there were no registry entries! I'd forgotten to run the connection set-up wizard to create the data connections in the first place.

Paul could you add a check for this and exit more gracefully if Nodata fails to find the connections branch in the registry.

switch6343

switch6343

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Swisscom XPA 1615 (TyTN II)
Hi Paul, I'm a newbee. I downloaded this app, which is in zip format. Please explain what I should do now to get it on my TyTN II. Tnx!

Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :)

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users