Sending E-Mail - Problems

Guest Hansie Van Stack

Guest Hansie Van Stack

Anyone got any tips on sending e-mail using the included messaging software...

I can rec. mail no problem, but no matter what I do I can't send - keep getting error messages, no matter what I change on the server settings. Generally rejecting the mail server...

Is there a third party piece of software that anyone knows that might be a little better? I know when running old handhelds (Vx and Treo 600) on the Palm OS third party software was far better.

Cheers for any thoughts

HVS

Which SMTP server are you using? While using T-Mobile UK I have to use their own SMTP Server which is smtp.t-email.co.uk.

I've had to stop using smtp.t-email.co.uk as they have a known problem with it. Certain emails just never get to their recipient, but only certain addresses are affected. My own domain was one of them. I'd send an test email to myself and it would vanish. Never got through, never bounced. Things were fine until 27th july, when emails I sent to my home account never arrived. T-mob said they know about it, don't know how to fix it and suggested I use mail2web instead.

• 2 months later...
Guest wobwill

Hi,

Have posted about this myself, but in the hermes specific forum. (i'm still learning my way around the site).

Does anyone know of a work around / fix for this as it is getting frustrating not being able to send emails?

Will.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wobwill

Hi,

Since last post have made contact with T-Mobile UK and have had no joy. They deny any problems and suggest that my email providers (Yahoo and Tiscali) are blocking the emails.

Any ideas?

Will.

• 3 weeks later...

Your best bet is trying another smtp server, unfortunately not many providers allow use of their smtp servers due to spamming etc, however if you use your login details to authenticate the smtp settings I am sure you could use tuscali's smtp server, unfortunately for yahoo you would need to be a paid user to use their smtp server.