EXCLUSIVE: Revamped T-Mobile web'n'walk tariffs

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
webnwalk.gif

Remember where you read it first... T-Mobile are to revamp their web'n'walk tariffs from 1st October... and we have the details!

The following packages will replace the current offerings.

For

If i'm on the 7.50 W and W deal, I assume I will keep to that, rather than take on a newer more expensive package?

Please put my mind at rest!

I think one previous comment was that if you have W&W as an addon then they can probably vary the terms and conditions since you can simply choose NOT to have the bundle but if you have FlexT+W&W then you may have grounds for cancelling your contract if they try to change the T&C's of the data package. Not too sure how they would figure out what you were using if it all goes through Port 80, so hoping that Orb is safe.

Can somebody explain something to me about WnW?

Will all these new tariffs give you a 3G connection (if you have a 3g phone) or only 'normal' GPRS connection?

(what about the old tariffs? Will only pro give you 3g or normal WnW as well?)

Does this change give credence to the comment by an Orange person (somewhere on this forum I think or was it the Summer Event) that the T-mobile tariffs where "silly and unsustainable"?

Edited by zarquon

Guest Paul (MVP)
Can somebody explain something to me about WnW?

Will all these new tariffs give you a 3G connection (if you have a 3g phone) or only 'normal' GPRS connection?

(what about the old tariffs? Will only pro give you 3g or normal WnW as well?)

3G AND HSDPA!

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Does this change give credence to the comment by an Orange person (somewhere on this forum I think or was it the Summer Event) that the T-mobile tariffs where "silly and unsustainable"?

Not IMHO :rolleyes:

P

Guest MARKUKCOUK
perhaps they will bring out a cock-a-doodle-do tarriff that includes unlimited data at dawn !

:-)

rik

You can mock, (and actually it did make me laugh), but I laugh everytime time the other half looks at her t mobile phone to see no signal, then I look at my orange phone with near full signal with 3G.

... Now Orange have messed people about with data, but my

Guest Paul (MVP)

Au contraire... I've a good few threads talking about how things at T-Mo aren't perfect and could be improved.

I was with Orange for over 10 years before their poor CS, ridiculous tariffs and complete disinterest in long term customers drove me away.

In the areas I need it, T-Mo coverage is better than Orange.

Far from being a fanboy to any particular network, i'm happy to report on who has the best deal at the moment... and it ain't Orange (bear in mind my other half is still tied to O atm).

P

You can mock, (and actually it did make me laugh), but I laugh everytime time the other half looks at her t mobile phone to see no signal, then I look at my orange phone with near full signal with 3G.

... Now Orange have messed people about with data, but my

Guest noodles-21

I moved over to t-mob from o2/CPW and I can honestly say that it's the best thing i've done! The service with t-mob has been far superior. A few of my mates that have been with orange for years are saying that as soon as their latest contracts come to an end they're off to t-mob due to the good things they are hearing.

I took out the wnw

Edited by noodles-21

It remains to be seen exactly how T-Mobile are going to ensure people are only using the correct services within their package, but technically, it can be done.

This can be done by blocking all data from non mobile broswer... the GGSN can monitor the useragents which are requesting web pages and trying to access GPRS based services.

Its very simple to punk, just change the useragent of IE / Firefox / Opera to look like a mobile broswer... Just dont try cracking open the torrents!

3G AND HSDPA!

P

How quick is HSDPA compared to GPRS Paul?? this could be a good thing or bad thing. If I can preview and download my music (Im a dj :rolleyes: ) at work (day job) then i'll make the upgrade i guess.

sorta got my answer i guess...welll a little bit.

http://i-policy.typepad.com/informationpol...hotspots_v.html

Edited by agent.m

Guest The Doctor
perhaps they will bring out a cock-a-doodle-do tarriff that includes unlimited data at dawn !

:-)

rik

:rolleyes: :( :)

12.50 doesn't seem too be that bad really. streaming media and modem use will be really handy as i use orb etc. downloads are of course a must.

and of course being a teenager still i live on msn so official sanctioned use of IM is nice ;)

Phil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.