M5000 sd card not reading...

Guest mstar

Guys

i am a new owner so be gentle, i placed my SanDisk SD card into my m5000 and i navigate to my file explorer and i cannot see the contents of the sd card :rolleyes: i cannot think why its formatted in FAT format.

and all i have on there is word document. Do i have to open it by using the path option?

e.g \\? (?=drive sd card is on?)

any help guys :( :) ;) ;)

Guest Mickster

Mstar,

In file explorer go all the up until the root of the device.

In there you will find a folder called Storage Card - that's your SD card. I recommend getting Resco File Explorer, it's the muts nuts.

If you still can't find the card, your device may not recognise it. Go into your settings > system > memory and hit storage card to see if it's installed. If it's not there then reformat the card using your PC or digital camera.

Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...
Mstar,

In file explorer go all the up until the root of the device.

In there you will find a folder called Storage Card - that's your SD card. I recommend getting Resco File Explorer, it's the muts nuts.

If you still can't find the card, your device may not recognise it. Go into your settings > system > memory and hit storage card to see if it's installed. If it's not there then reformat the card using your PC or digital camera.

Enjoy.

hi mickster how do i format the card? i have just formatted it as FAT is the format the m5000 likes???? :rolleyes:

Guest Confucious
hi mickster how do i format the card? i have just formatted it as FAT is the format the m5000 likes???? :rolleyes:

If you use Resco Explorere (which is free if you sign up as a Plus Member) then just tap and hold on Storage card->properties then select the Format tab

If you don't then I believe a FAT format does it (not FAT32)

Can you see the card at all in your phone?

If you use Resco Explorere (which is free if you sign up as a Plus Member) then just tap and hold on Storage card->properties then select the Format tab

If you don't then I believe a FAT format does it (not FAT32)

Can you see the card at all in your phone?

I tried it as FAT and still no reading :-( all i can think of is my SD card is not working? however it works fine in my laptop i am completely puzzled help anyone :rolleyes: :( :) ;)