Can I view/delete individual browser cookies?

Guest TheTetherer

Guest TheTetherer

This is probably more of a general Windows Mobile 5.0 question than one specific to my Smartflip, but I figured I'd ask it here anyway.

Normally, I don't use Internet Explorer. On a full-size Mac or PC, I use Firefox, which has very good cookie viewing, deleting, and blocking features. Even when forced to deal with IE, however, I know where to find IE's cookies under Windows XP -- C:\Documents and Settings\myaccount\Cookies.

I can't find the equivalent on my phone. I dislike only being able to completely clear all cookies, or else keep all cookies -- I like to be more selective than that. I want to keep the cookies for web sites I care about, especially websites with preference settings that I don't want to have to re-enter all of the time, but I also want to regularly delete all of the annoying tracking cookies which tend to accumulate, like 2o7, bravenet, burstnet, clickability, ad nauseum.

Obviously the phone's built-in File Explorer hides certain files, and I'm guessing that includes cookies. With my phone mounted on my Mac or PC, I see even fewer files and folders than what File Explorer allows me to see. I figure that if I wanted to get at individual cookies, I either have to somehow hack better visibility of more of my phone's file system, or I need some sort of utility to let my delve into my phone's IE cookies.

Anyone know of any way for me to do what I'd like to do here?

Guest artvandalay
This is probably more of a general Windows Mobile 5.0 question than one specific to my Smartflip, but I figured I'd ask it here anyway.

Normally, I don't use Internet Explorer. On a full-size Mac or PC, I use Firefox, which has very good cookie viewing, deleting, and blocking features. Even when forced to deal with IE, however, I know where to find IE's cookies under Windows XP -- C:\Documents and Settings\myaccount\Cookies.

I can't find the equivalent on my phone. I dislike only being able to completely clear all cookies, or else keep all cookies -- I like to be more selective than that. I want to keep the cookies for web sites I care about, especially websites with preference settings that I don't want to have to re-enter all of the time, but I also want to regularly delete all of the annoying tracking cookies which tend to accumulate, like 2o7, bravenet, burstnet, clickability, ad nauseum.

Obviously the phone's built-in File Explorer hides certain files, and I'm guessing that includes cookies. With my phone mounted on my Mac or PC, I see even fewer files and folders than what File Explorer allows me to see. I figure that if I wanted to get at individual cookies, I either have to somehow hack better visibility of more of my phone's file system, or I need some sort of utility to let my delve into my phone's IE cookies.

Anyone know of any way for me to do what I'd like to do here?

On your pc, with your phone connected, got to any file and hit Tools/Folder options/View(tab at top) scroll down to Hidden files and folders and select "show hidden files and folders.

Wether or not you can find the cookies I havent tried yet. But you will now be able to access your phones windows files on your pc. good luck