Samsung i320 freewares

Guest JG

I'm sorry,

it somewhere forum for Samsung i320 smartphones?

any way: I made a few freewares for this device.

Motorola Q users could use it too, but all is designed in black,

because i320 is a beauty in black.

black.jgui.net

the quality of motion pictures in i320 is just AMAZING. I didn't saw such fantastic quaility in other phone untill now. we can streaming up to 700kbps !

User of Q: please try my few minutes samples of movies (on the above page) and let share your opinion how it's going on Q.

I'm sorry,

it somewhere forum for Samsung i320 smartphones?

Motorola Q users could use it too, but all is designed in black,

because i320 is a beauty in black.

black.jgui.net

the quality of motion pictures in i320 is just AMAZING. I didn't saw such fantastic quaility in other phone untill now. we can streaming up to 700kbps !

User of Q: please try my few minutes samples of movies (on the above page) and let share your opinion how it's going on Q.

Hi JG.

I like the look of these Today Themes but everytime I try to run .cab files on my i320, I get the message

"JGUI Home Screen Animation cannot be installed. Try installing to a different location" the " Install was Unsuccessful"

Installing to a different location (Storage Card) does not work either.

So I cannot install these themes on my i320.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Edited by Alpha4

Hi JG.

I like the look of these Today Themes but everytime I try to run .cab files on my i320, I get the message

"JGUI Home Screen Animation cannot be installed. Try installing to a different location" the " Install was Unsuccessful"

Installing to a different location (Storage Card) does not work either.

So I cannot install these themes on my i320.

Can you help please?

Thanks

have you i320 unlocked? some vendors lock device to protect from installation of 3rd part programs, particulary when these programs touches phone and messages features.

where did you place cab files? put it on your My Documents, then try to turn off and on the power generally, then try to run this cab file again.

I uploaded some files two hours ago.

have you i320 unlocked? some vendors lock device to protect from installation of 3rd part programs, particulary when these programs touches phone and messages features.

where did you place cab files? put it on your My Documents, then try to turn off and on the power generally, then try to run this cab file again.

I uploaded some files two hours ago.

JG. Thanks for the quick reply.

I can install other .cab files (for example: kl1wd-BlackBeauty-HS.cab which is a Homescreen theme). So I don't think my device is locked. I purchased it sim free not from a mobile operator/vendor. Do you know how I can check if the phone is locked? And if it is, how do I unlock it?

Yes I put the files in My Documents folder.

I have soft reset the phone, and turned it completely off and on, and done a battery out. But I still get the same 'Cannot Install' message.

I have downloaded the JGUI cab files within the past 2 hours. But I will try downloading again and reinstalling.

Thanks again.

Edited by Alpha4

@JG.

Despite making sure that the phone is unlocked (by using Tweaks 2k2 Smartphone and Regedit to modify Registry Security keys) I cannot install the JGUI Homescreens through the .cab files.

I am able to install other .cab files perfectly. The one I mentioned in the earlier post and the Regedit STG for example work fine.

Is there any other way of using your homescreens? For instance by putting the .xml and resource files in the Application Data/Home folder? Is there a folder structure that is required?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RobVanDam
@JG.

Despite making sure that the phone is unlocked (by using Tweaks 2k2 Smartphone and Regedit to modify Registry Security keys) I cannot install the JGUI Homescreens through the .cab files.

I am able to install other .cab files perfectly. The one I mentioned in the earlier post and the Regedit STG for example work fine.

Is there any other way of using your homescreens? For instance by putting the .xml and resource files in the Application Data/Home folder? Is there a folder structure that is required?

Regards

i can install most of the freewares except for the Animated Pulse Homescreen ... on my i320n

Can anyone tell me where to find a way to application unlock the i320?

I tried the registry keys and it won't let me change the values!!! :rolleyes:

Oh and Tweaks2k2 smartphone crashes when it tries to run the unlock. :shrug:

Edited by netsyd

hi JG, loved the screens and they installed finr for me - just a quick note that if using the 'black' theme all yperlinks/numbers in texts/mms/email messages have white colour for font and for background so you cannot alsways see all the text - there is no problem with htis on the grey one though. woudl be great if you can tweak.

Thanks for the screens though - they are great!

Guest cmartinpe

Hi JG,

Amazing job and what a good free add/ons for our I320!

Keep going and go ahead with this innitiative! :-)

I'll test most of them and let you know my feedback,

Carles

Guest cmartinpe

Hi again,

Unfortunately I'm in the same situation than the other users... I can not get "Black Theme" installed succesfully. My I320 should be unlocked as I bought it from pixmania.com

On the other hand, from where can we dowloand A.SMS?? I've tried on the website but no luck...

Thanks again,

Carles

What's happened to old JG then? It's a genuine mystery :rolleyes:

Anyway, I still can't install any JGUI animated homescreens on my i320. Just get 'Cannot Install' error message.

I know my i320 is unlocked 'cos I can successfully install lots of other crap stuff. :(

Suppose I'll never get to the bottom of this now old JG's gone AWOL.

Guest leviking

black.jgui.net

As for other users, I had trouble installing most of your homescreens <_< on my new unlocked Samsung i320.

"Installation was unsuccesful" is the result of installing most of your cab files.

The simple & default black / grey (your other files do not work on the device) work fine.

Edited by leviking

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TheSaint318

I was able to install the "Pulse" and "Earth" Home screens. But both displayed weird characters after the day of the week. For example "Friday, 冊 “. Instead of "Friday, November 16th, 2006. Is there a setting for these home screens that anyone knows about? I tried to adjust them using the regional settings on the phone but had no luck. Aside from that the home screens are very nice.

• 1 month later...
I was able to install the "Pulse" and "Earth" Home screens. But both displayed weird characters after the day of the week. For example "Friday, 冊 “. Instead of "Friday, November 16th, 2006. Is there a setting for these home screens that anyone knows about? I tried to adjust them using the regional settings on the phone but had no luck. Aside from that the home screens are very nice.

thanks for all comments.

most problems fixed already.

some new applications in black style just added.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am using your software on a i320 in France and unfortunately, it does not support French accented characters .. is it possible to change it ?

Also, when you have new email announcements, press "actions" does not do anything... is it normal ?