PIM Backups - Is there a WM5 equivalent?

Guest Potatohead

Guest Potatohead

Back in the Good old days of my Ipaq it was bossible to do a PIM packup to a SD Disk that archived all the contacts and calendar Info for safe keeping.

I might just be being thick but i can't seem to find this same or similar facility on the Jamin?

Does anyone know if its possible to do this sort of backup anymore.? :rolleyes:

Guest Snookieboy

It can be done using SPB Backup, but that costs 20 dollars.

Worth it though, I have it to set up my entire PDA to my SD card every night, it creates an .exe which when run, restores the PDA to how it was when the backup was made. A bit like System Restore for Windows XP.

Though you can make the backup just contain Contacts/Messages etc if you want it to :rolleyes:

It can be done using SPB Backup, but that costs 20 dollars.

Worth it though, I have it to set up my entire PDA to my SD card every night, it creates an .exe which when run, restores the PDA to how it was when the backup was made. A bit like System Restore for Windows XP.

Though you can make the backup just contain Contacts/Messages etc if you want it to :rolleyes:

I do the same with Sprite Backup - well worth the money and also enables backup to a PC as well as to an SD card.

I would certainly recommend SPB Backup :( :)

I had a lock up yesterday :rolleyes: , fortunately, I'd done a full backup earlier in the week, which was still on my SD card. A quick hard reset, and then find the self installing restore from SPB backup, meant I was up and running again in less than half an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest freemans

Sprite Backup is recommended, :rolleyes: it has more useful functiones than Spb, especially the unique feature of Upgrade Mode Restore which allows restore operations between identical devices with different ROM versions.

Edited by freemans