Install my own sounds for notifications

Guest bigbyte

Guest bigbyte

Can someone tell me how to install my own sound files for notifications eg: New MMS or New text message etc. and do they have to be a particular format .wav for example. I have added some audio for ring tones but I cant get anything to show in notifications. :rolleyes:

Guest Happy Dave

having exactly the same problem here. MP3's definately dont appear to work, and it looks like they have to go into the Windows folder on the device. Its my lunchtime task so I'll see if it works by this afternoon

D

yes notifications need to be in wave format and in the \windows folder or in the \windows\rings folder

on the other hand Phone ring tones can be in any format that the phone is capable of playing (including wmv) and can live on the storage card in the root \storage card

Guest jcostantino

I think you can use WMAs to save space... at least that worked on my 2125 so I assume the same with other WM5 devices.

checked it and got it working, it has to be in the \Windows folder on the device and it also HAS to be a WAV not an MP3

Guest bigbyte

Yep that worked.

I had a wav in windows>Rings and it never showed as a choice in notifications. I moved it to Windows and it works happily.

Thanks to everyone! I only got this device yesterday so I am sure I will be back.