Accidently Deleted All my Contacts - how do i get them back?

Guest natdeamer

Guest awarner (MVP)

They should do, Activesync as standard has contacts as default but you can always turn this option on or off.

Check your computers that have Outlook installed (not Outlook Express) and see if you have any numbers in the contact list.

...And next time, SYNC SYNC SYNC! If you've got all the required kit, it's very easy to make a simple mistake and get very upset very quickly if you don't have a backup of your treasured details...

Guest chucky.egg

...and when you Sync back, if it does not ask you to create a new partnership it will delete all your contacts from your PC, so right-click and copy your Contacts folder in Outlook before you start - otherwise you could lose it all!

Guest natdeamer

I had to reinstall windows, so my contacts might of been syned with Outlook, but arnt any more obviously...

I didnt back up any of my outlook stuff.

Just looked in the backed up folder i have of my phone, but nothing to do with contacts..

Oh well.

Hopefully they are on my olld phone still, and ill just move them accross.

Guest MikeWard1701

If you store your contacts in outlook it synchronizes them, you delete a contact from one, it deletes it from the other the next time you Sync.

The only difference being that if you delete a contact from within outlook, it will go to the deleted items folder, before being cast into nothingness. As far as I know, deleteing a contact from the phone, and sycing deletes it from outlook bypassing the Deleted Items Folder. But I shall do a test to confrim this.

So, i you accidentaly delete a contact(s) from your device here's what to do;

1. Delete your devices partnership from ActiveSync

2. Snc and create new partnership, this will copy all contacts from outlook back to your device.

Hope this helps,

Mike