jcjdoss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Technology
  • Devices:iPhone
(from Smartphone Thoughts)
Well that sure didn't take long. Just 1 day after the Dash hit the streets, akil, staulkor, and some others over at Howard Forums has found a way to change the functionality of the volume jogger on the Dash to include scrolling and launching programs. You'll need to modify the registry to get this to work. So, make sure you back things up before making any changes. Here are the changes you need to make to get this working.

To Enable Scrolling:
HKCU\ControlPanel\JogBar\Settings\SwitchToAudioFunc = 0

Tap on Bottom Key Launches IE Mobile:
HKCU\ControlPanel\JogBar\Settings\BottomKeyApplicationName = \Windows\iexplore.exe

Tap on Top Key Performs Back
HKCU\ControlPanel\JobBar\Settings\TopKeyApplicationName = BACK

You can replace any these with your favourite applications. Other common applications would be START (to Launch the Start menu), \Windows\tmail.exe to launch Outlook Mobile, or (Edited the address) :rolleyes: http://www.MoDaCo.com to launch IE Mobile with your favourite website Wink Let us know how you make out!

Go Here

Video of the registry hack

Edited by jcjdoss, 27 October 2006 - 05:58 PM.

(Mo-Day-Co) It's the American Way

Posted Image

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Good find. Pinned to make sure it is seen...

Ghost_1

Ghost_1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Mobile phones. . . T-Mobile G1, HTC TYTN II, T-mobile Dash, I-Mate Jam, Mitac Mio 8390, Motorola A630, Nokia N-gage, Nokia N-gage QD, Motorola C331g, Motorola T721i<br /><br />My car.
  • Devices:T-Mobile G1
Ok I found this while running around on the web. It's a .CAB install so for people like me who don't like messing around with the registry it's the bee's knees.

http://1800message.com/default.aspx

scroll down about half way you should see the link.

The link is on the the page not had to find. Personally I'm confused as to why T-mobile got rid of this function, they could have just added another check box to make it just a volume slider or have the jogger functionality. Hopefully this helps somebody else out.

For phones: T-Mobile G1, HTC TYTN II, T-mobile Dash, I-Mate Jam, Mitac Mio 8390, Motorola A630, Nokia N-gage, Nokia N-gage QD, Motorola C331g.

For the car: Air suspension, ICE, I/H/E setup, more to come later. . .

For guns: ICS M4 CQB Pistol, KJW Sig Sauer P226, maybe a M14 EBR or G36K later. . .

Now only if I could afford modifying my car and my mobile phone addiction. . .ha ha ha. . . uh oh add airsoft to it too. lol

angrygerbil

angrygerbil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thats a nice tweak. I also found some others ones at forum.dashsmartzone.com like stuff for making your scroll bars smaller and how to customize the startup menu programs. Has anyone found a way yet to make it so you can listen to two bluetooth wireless headphones at the same time? It's driving me crazy. Thanks.

-dasher

AgentM

AgentM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Dash
How can I change the volume on the Dash, if I change the volume slider to act as the jogger.
Thank you

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Devices:Nokia n82 (hacked)

How can I change the volume on the Dash, if I change the volume slider to act as the jogger.
Thank you

AgentM have u read over the topic? it says to edit some registry values. theres even a youtube video wich makes it so much easier to do

my signature is too long

Atomsk_Dash

Atomsk_Dash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash

AgentM have u read over the topic? it says to edit some registry values. theres even a youtube video wich makes it so much easier to do

I'm sure you did not understand his request. It's OK though. Here's what AgentM is getting at:

Once you switch the joggr around so that it works for scrolling, application opening, and backwards navigating just WHAT becomes of the volume control? Does one leave the volume where it was before the joggr tweak(s) and deal OR is there another way to continue to control the level of volume on your Dash?

Edited by Atomsk_Dash, 07 March 2008 - 11:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users