mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Devices:Nokia n82 (hacked)

ah sorry

now i put the neogeo bios there

but now the Metal Slug 3 Art of Fighting Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5 didnt show in the list

Metal Slug 2 without sound and the botton didnt work ok some times work and some time didnt work

The King of Fighters '94 work ok

The King of Fighters '96 work ok

so im trying combinations of everything... but so far i cant figure out how ur supposed to copy the neogeo bios. do u need to unzip all the files into the rom folder? or the zip file into the rom folder?

my signature is too long

Zeiram

Zeiram

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Loox600
He wont show me my metal slug rom, no matter which one i use...

Can it be zipped? Does it need a different name then "mslug.zip" ??

راعي الفتك 2005

راعي الفتك 2005

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:imate SP5

so im trying combinations of everything... but so far i cant figure out how ur supposed to copy the neogeo bios. do u need to unzip all the files into the rom folder? or the zip file into the rom folder?

zip file into the rom folder

He wont show me my metal slug rom, no matter which one i use...

Can it be zipped? Does it need a different name then "mslug.zip" ??

metal slug 2 and metal slug x WORK GOOD but x have a little picture problom when playing

but metal slug

wont show in list

PolloLoco

PolloLoco

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Devices:XV6700
Wow, all of the regular capcom games listed above now show - and a bunch of them will play now - that didn't play before.

Unfortunately, the Dungeons and Dragons game that played without sound, has distorted graphics now in this version. Right now, I'm keeping both .003 and .004 in the same folder of my phone - so I can use whichever is most compatible for the game I'm playing.

Mercs will still crash out at the end of the first level.

Is "Save State" working for anybody? I put the file "get" file in my rom folder - and I thought it was working. But if I actually select the folder to save the state file in and click "ok" - no file while save. I'm wondering if that's still a work in progress?

Zeiram

Zeiram

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Unfortunately, the Dungeons and Dragons game that played without sound, has distorted graphics now in this version. Right now, I'm keeping both .003 and .004 in the same folder of my phone - so I can use whichever is most compatible for the game I'm playing.

I had the same problem as well, but after i deleted the cache made with 0.003 and made a new one with 0.004 for the game it worked fine.

Now i will go and give metals slug 2 a try then...

masterall

masterall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Devices:C500
make sure your rom is for neogeo by using finalburn alpha plus for pc, there are some roms (such as mslug) have a different version for mame.

save state is not work yet.

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

I had the same problem as well, but after i deleted the cache made with 0.003 and made a new one with 0.004 for the game it worked fine.

Now i will go and give metals slug 2 a try then...

is Aero Fighters 2 and 3 that really fun game u would see at alfys or other resturaunts and u would be the plane and get all the upgrades and there would be lots of explosions on that game lol. then there'd be a huge boss at the end of every level. well it shows that game on the list but it doesnt appear when u click "show only avaible". im using the neogeo version of the rom. the zip file name is sonicwi(2)or(3) depending if its the 2nd or 3rd game. these gamse also go by the name sonic wings i think.

so if anyone got aero fighters working then please tell me how.

my signature is too long

masterall

masterall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
because there are much more games are supported in 0.004, the rescan process takes more time than before. it is the same when click on show only available. just wait patiently : )

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

because there are much more games are supported in 0.004, the rescan process takes more time than before. it is the same when click on show only available. just wait patiently : )

well ive been waiting a while now and no Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings have appears yet. i hope the Aerio Fighters/Sonic Wings games will be supported soon. im pretty sure thats the game that i was looking for and is a number 1 favorite of a lot of people's.

o and as راعي الفتك 2005 said metal slug 2 works, but sound is messed up. and with x the display is all weird. u cant even see wats going on in the game.

Edited by mikeeey, 13 November 2006 - 06:18 AM.

my signature is too long

mikeeey

mikeeey

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

well ive been waiting a while now and no Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings have appears yet. i hope the Aerio Fighters/Sonic Wings games will be supported soon. im pretty sure thats the game that i was looking for and is a number 1 favorite of a lot of people's.

wel its not showing up on the pc version of finalburn either, does that mean im using the wrong rom? everywhere i look the zip file always has the same name so i would think that's the right rom tho.

Edited by mikeeey, 13 November 2006 - 06:12 AM.

my signature is too long

راعي الفتك 2005

راعي الفتك 2005

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:imate SP5
waiting for new version :)

twolf

twolf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:null
These work for me:
Posted Image

My Website: http://TWolf.sytes.net
--------------------------------------------------------------
Novo fórum português de PPC: http://www.ppctuga.com

masterall

masterall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
mikeeey:
regarding the graphics problem, delete the cache, and try again
if the pc version finalburn alpha plus can not recognize your rom, this one can not either.
Sonic Wings 2 and Sonic Wings 3 is supported by finalburn, sonic wings 1 is not listed in the neogeo driver.

twolf:
try mslug3nd and mslug4nd, they worked too.

Edited by masterall, 13 November 2006 - 11:26 AM.

Zeiram

Zeiram

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Maybe there is a list that tells me what the roms need to be names?

I have abunch of those games as well, and they wont show up for me... :)

So maybe i have the zip-files named wrong?

twolf

twolf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

twolf:
try mslug3nd and mslug4nd, they worked too.

actually I did tryed those and others, but not all show up...

I downloaded all versions of rom-world.com of these roms:
altered beast
golden axe
shinobi
metal slug 3, 4 and 5

but they dont show on the list nor can I load them manually...

I didnt said anything before because your doing such a great work already...
:)

PolloLoco

PolloLoco

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

actually I did tryed those and others, but not all show up...

I downloaded all versions of rom-world.com of these roms:
altered beast
golden axe
shinobi
metal slug 3, 4 and 5

but they dont show on the list nor can I load them manually...

I didnt said anything before because your doing such a great work already...

Twolf - did you actually read the thread? All of the games you mentioned except for the metal slug series are not supported by this emulator. You can only play CPS1, CPS2 and neo geo games. When you look for roms - you have to be specific to those type callouts. It's easy to find free listings for those types of games - so long as you look for the right category.

To try to play the games you've mentioned - you would need to try something like PocketCultMame. But I've never gotten that to work with any of the roms I was able to get.

Zeiram

Zeiram

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

To try to play the games you've mentioned - you would need to try something like PocketCultMame. But I've never gotten that to work with any of the roms I was able to get.

Hi PolloLoco: Its Off Topic, but PocketCult MAME works as a charm for me, Golden Axe is my Fave Game and i love to play it on there. Had to combine a bunch of roms for Golden Axe to make it work tough so i get all files the emulator is looking for.

Back To Topic: I got three different mslug2.zip files, and none of them shows up on FinalBurn... :-\

twolf

twolf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Twolf - did you actually read the thread? All of the games you mentioned except for the metal slug series are not supported by this emulator. You can only play CPS1, CPS2 and neo geo games. When you look for roms - you have to be specific to those type callouts. It's easy to find free listings for those types of games - so long as you look for the right category.

ooops, in the webpage I got them from doesnt say wich is what, so I was under the assumption the old games are all CPS1.
:D my bad.

Zeiram, my mslug2.zip has 16mb and works fine...

Edited by twolf, 13 November 2006 - 02:05 PM.

PolloLoco

PolloLoco

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Thanks for the info Zeiram! I'll probably try PCM again in the future. The Golden Axe series of games are probably my favorites from childhood, and the Genesis versions just don't cut it for me.

I got frustrated with not even being able to see the ROM's on the PCM main listing. My next strategy will probably be to get as many versions of the same game as possible - to find one that works. Do you mean you combined the contents of all of them - into one zip file?

twolf - use google to search for "CPS1 ROM" and "CPS2 ROM". There's websites that give you lists specifically for these 2 callouts. I'd give you the names, but I think that violates forum rules. I've been able to get over 30 roms on my phone - and that's ONLY the games that work with 100% graphics and sound.

Zeiram

Zeiram

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Do you mean you combined the contents of all of them - into one zip file?

Yup, when you run PCM it creates a logfile about the files needed inside the rom and every rom i tried for Golden Axe 1 had some of those files (World, EU, JP, US) but not all of them. So i took the biggest of them (World) and moved the missing files from the others into it as well.

Back to topic: Is there a logfile like this in FinalBurn as well, or is it possible to add one? then i finally could see why no metal slug rom i tried works for me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users