FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest mikeeey

how do u get fbaud to work? when i click on it it says "this application has failed to start because d3dx9_29.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

Guest masterall

mikeeey:

I guess its someting releated to the cpu core. I have fixed a bug in the next wip version which will prevent several neogeo games from crash.

dijital:

Sticky button maybe available in the 0.006, it is useful in the air fighting games.

jaikben:

sega cd is not listed in the recent plan, maybe sometime later.

I havn't tried ssidekicks 2, you can run without sound, that should be faster.

PolloLoco:

I just test three version of Magic Sword, they work in the 0.005 version(0.006 wip but not much differences from 0.005 right now).

all:

fbauds is the tool for creating cache on PC. And you may need to update your directX9 to run it.

well, the tgetfile.dll should be able to find after you put it to the directory where finalburn.exe stay.

One more thing, it is recommend to delete all the cfg files before using the 0.005 version, or there maybe some strange input setting problem.

Edited by masterall

Guest mikeeey
mikeeey:

I guess its someting releated to the cpu core. I have fixed a bug in the next wip version which will prevent several neogeo games from crash.

dijital:

Sticky button maybe available in the 0.006, it is useful in the air fighting games.

jaikben:

sega cd is not listed in the recent plan, maybe sometime later.

I havn't tried ssidekicks 2, you can run without sound, that should be faster.

PolloLoco:

I just test three version of Magic Sword, they work in the 0.005 version(0.006 wip but not much differences from 0.005 right now).

all:

fbauds is the tool for creating cache on PC. And you may need to update your directX9 to run it.

well, the tgetfile.dll should be able to find after you put it to the directory where finalburn.exe stay.

One more thing, it is recommend to delete all the cfg files before using the 0.005 version, or there maybe some strange input setting problem.

wait, wich post of mine were u replying to lol? the screen rotating one?

o and now iv updated my direct x and it works but it doesnt seem to make a cache for all the games i try. metal slug games it makes a cache but i tried the game dimahoo and it didnt. i havnt tried a whole bunch yet but some games it seems youl have to do it on the phone

Edited by mikeeey

Wierd... my XP SP2 after I installed Directx9c still gives me a error in FBAUD.EXE

"The application has failed to start because kaileraclient.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

:/

And even after replacing finalburn on my pocket and removing all the older files (except the roms, of corse, hehehe) I still cant load and save states... Still giving the tgetfile.dll error...

As said, I installed it on:

\Windows

\storage card\finalburn

One stupid question... is the emulator required to be on the phone memory or can it just stay on my memory card?

:s

Guest PolloLoco

I'm getting the EXACT same errors as twolf. I don't see how the emulator could be on memory - because the roms are so big, and they have to be in the same folder as the exe. I figure the program MUST be on the secure digital card.

Guest PolloLoco
Savestates work fine for me, but i also have the tgetfile.dll installed.

If someone needs the file, i hosted them here:

tgetfile.dll for Pocket PC at Damien´s Webspace

tgetfile.dll for Smartphones at Damien´s Webspace

As a fellow PicoDrive User i had them intstalled anyways, and they work fine for me. :)

Thanks again Zeiram. I'd used the file for PicoDrive as well, but it always ran just by putting the file in the rom folder. In this case - FinalBurn can't seem to find the file in ANY folder. I might have to try installing the file instead.

BTW - the version of tgetfile.dll that you have hosted, does it include the constant popups? I had a hacked version that I wish would work for FinalBurn as well. Unfortunately, I don't think it can be installed.

BTW - the version of tgetfile.dll that you have hosted, does it include the constant popups? I had a hacked version that I wish would work for FinalBurn as well. Unfortunately, I don't think it can be installed.

The Popups are supposed to show up every fifth time the dll is used, but sometimes it seems my Pocket PC cant count properly. I dont think its to bad and i can live with it (barely)... :)

I had a hacked dll one as well, but it never worked for me....

hi, im new here, and registered on modaco mainly to say:

THANK YOU!!!!

as pocket emulation fanatic i must say: you saved my emulife.

im using pocketpc(not Sphone) with 300-400 mhz(wm03) and this is awesome !awesome! program.

only problem as far:

- save states arent working(?), i can save but after load nothin happens.

- stability - sometimes it is crashin without messages, just fastquit.

awesome work, keep it UP!

lastblade lastblade2 dungeonsanddragons(both) 1944 ms2 msX blazingstar pang!3 samuraishowdown2 thrashrally are working PERFECTLY.

i will look for next versions, u are amazing.

for all people with problems, usage:

-unpack finalburn, add tgetfile to finaburn folder,

- launch it,

- quit it,

- add roms to "roms" folder, and eventually cache made on pc to "cache" folder,

- launch game,

- do setup(keys, sound, display),

- PLAY!

Edited by nothin

I am a idiot...

I didnt deleted the metal slugs cache...thats why the savegames didnt work...

I also rename the Roms folder to roms (no capital R)...either way... it works now.

:)

---edit---

Also, regarding the cache maker:

Install directx 9:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194328

and download the file kaileralient.dll to stay in the same folder as the executable here:

http://www.anti3d.com/downloads.php

:D

thank you again masterall

Edited by twolf

Guest PolloLoco
I am a idiot...

I didnt deleted the metal slugs cache...thats why the savegames didnt work...

I also rename the Roms folder to roms (no capital R)...either way... it works now.

---edit---

Also, regarding the cache maker:

Install directx 9:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194328

and download the file kaileralient.dll to stay in the same folder as the executable here:

http://www.anti3d.com/downloads.php

:D

thank you again masterall

twolf - please explain why deleting the metal slugs cache will allow savegames to work? Does the Cache folder need to be completely empty the first time you run - and try to save?

twolf - please explain why deleting the metal slugs cache will allow savegames to work? Does the Cache folder need to be completely empty the first time you run - and try to save?

hmmm...not, I said that because i was able to save other games that didnt had a cache created yet... like Alien vs Predator or Mtwins.

but now I see that the savegame in metal slugs still isnt possible...

So all the games I saved so far with the PPC-created cache work... the other with a cache created with the PC executable still dont, it could be just a coincidence though...

Guest PolloLoco
hmmm...not, I said that because i was able to save other games that didnt had a cache created yet... like Alien vs Predator or Mtwins.

but now I see that the savegame in metal slugs still isnt possible...

So all the games I saved so far with the PPC-created cache work... the other with a cache created with the PC executable still dont, it could be just a coincidence though...

OK - so you got the save game to work by just putting the file next to the finalburn exe? And then by creating the cache (on the PPC) AFTER placing that file? I just want to make sure I have the steps right - because right now I can't get it to work no matter what. Assuming my cache folder is empty:

1) I'd copy the tgetfile.dll into the same directory as Finalburn.

2) Run Alien vs. Predator, building the cache.

3) Save as needed.

Is that correct? I'll try that in a little while when I get a break at work.

Guest PolloLoco

Actually, I have a little more information to add.

By placing the file in the same directory as finalburn.exe - I was able to get saves to work, but only for certain games, regardless of whether or not I created the cache on the PPC.

Saves worked in Alien vs. Predator, Strider, and UN Squadron. Saves did NOT work in Dungeons and Dragons - Tower of Doom, and the Metal Slug series. I should add that when a save does not work - the message I get is "Can't find tgetfile.dll" - though the software obviously found it for other games.

Is it possible that saves only work on CPS 1 games?

Edited by PolloLoco

few things more:

- cache isnt created on pc for some games; on ppc finalburn is tryin to create one, and fail.

- amount of memory is only purpose of unability to launch some titles, i.e. ms3.. i think so..

Guest mikeeey

just a word of advice to everyone, but im not 100% sure... when u save a game and if u change ur cache file (maybe by entering your initials at the end of a game) it will mess up ur save. but as i said im not 100% sure, but today thats wat happened to me. i loaded my game like normal and then purposly did random stuff and killed my self jsut messin around cuz i still had my game saved, so i entered my initials and then when i tried to load my game again it wouldnt work. so when u play try to not let your cache get changed.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest shareef

first of all a big THANK YOU to Masterall for this well written emulator!!! Great work!!

I wanted to report, that on an HTC s620 (320x240 landscape) Smartphone, that I cannot get the keys configured to work properly - no matter what I set them to, right always goes up, left always goes down, up always goes left, and down always goes right. So for now I am only playing puzzle bobble and using up and down :) I have also tried to change the screen orientation but it crashes the emulator if I do that...

UPDATE: Nevermind, I figured it out.... I set up to left, down to right, left to down, and right to up and it works perfectly now!

Edited by shareef

Guest masterall

all:

save state may not work for some game, I havn't test for all games. So please list all the games have save problem, that would helpful to fix this bug. : )

nothin:

yeah, some game crashes because of the imprecise cpu core. I have fix several instruction in 0.006 wip.

shareef:

Ok, I will fix this problem in the next version.

List of games that dont save:

metal slug

metal slug 2

metal slug 3 nd

metal slug 4 nd

metal slug x

Dungeons and Dragons - Tower of Doom

keep them coming...

---edit---

How about... instead of using the tgetfile.dll to save the game state and all the problems it has...

Why not use 10 (for example) pre-defined savegame storages?

That would mean having a scroll list such as in morphgear:

screen001jp0.jpg

That would reduce the save option to a specific number, but would avoid all the problems so far.

So the savegames would be stored in the STATE folder in files such as mslug3nd_s1.sav or something...

That way you wouldn't need the extra file with the annoying message and possibly the problem of not finding that file.

just an idea...

Edited by twolf

Guest spc9999

post-215010-1164112746_thumb.jpg HPC.... NEXiO support need...

Samsung NEXiO S150/151, S155, S160, XP30

Windows CE 3.0

Windows CE.NET 4.1

StrongARM SA1110 (206Mhz)

Intel Xscale PXA250/255

800*480 5" LCD

Guest dijital

Hi Masterall,

is it possible that you could flip the screen for portrait games, i dont mean rotating the screen to landscape, i mean flipping it over (like flipping portrait left/right, but for portrait)

Also when will there be an update for pico drive and pocketsnes so they work on phones with landscape orientation?

Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

Edited by dijital

true master ye art, masterALL.

i am waiting impatiently and testing titles.

last blade and last blade 2 ARE WORKING PERFECTLY. omg its so sweet!

btw i can recommend BLAZING STAR, awesome, 20 mb shooter, perfectly playable!

i think that configs are not saved for some titles...hm...

one thing i need badly:

screen buttons should be on LEFT side of screen in right landscape mode... not on right side... its quite important, or i just missing something, is it such possibility?

Edited by nothin

Guest PolloLoco

More Save Info:

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which games save or not. I've gotten certain CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo games to save - at least one from each category. I went through the entire collection on my phone (maybe 30 games) and besides the ones already mentioned (metal slug and dungeons and dragons) the following games won't save either:

Fatal Fury 2

King of the Monsters

NightWarriors

Real Bout Fatal Fury

Shock Troopers - Second Squad (what a sweet game)

King of Fighters 99

This release of Finalburn has been a bit buggy for me. I think their may be a memory leak somewhere - and some games that used to play no longer will and vice versa. I'm hoping it's just that my phone needs an update/defragging so I'm going to do a hard reset tonight and reinstall everything. Hopefully that'll make my experience with FinalBurn more stable - because I really love this program.

BTW Nothin - the Gamepark GP2X has TWO 200 mhz processors that can each be overclocked. That makes all the difference. That's a great game-only machine.

Edited by PolloLoco