Home Screen Change Help

Guest J Zig

I saw a download on the download page here that lets me have a homescreen with a batter bar. I downloaded the program put it on my storage card of my q. Ran it. It said it installed. Now what do i have to do to use it???

Guest jcjdoss
I saw a download on the download page here that lets me have a homescreen with a batter bar. I downloaded the program put it on my storage card of my q. Ran it. It said it installed. Now what do i have to do to use it???

Start>Settings>Home Screen>Then change your homescreen layout

Guest jcjdoss
i am not a complete moron. No new homepage is in there just my ones that came with my phone.

:rolleyes: Sorry, no offense, Didn't know how long you'd been a smartphoner :(

Which home screen did you install, I'll try it on mine and see what I get

Guest jcjdoss
No i wasn't giving you a hard time... Sorry if it came across like that. I tried this one. Here

Whew, I thought I was in for a flam'n on that one... :rolleyes:

Ok I did the same thing but it installed fine...I don't have the plugins so it didn't look right, but it did install none the less. Try copying it to your phone memory then installing, I can't see how that will help, but it is worth a shot.

Ok tell me what i am doing wronge. I download that file. Convert it out of Rar format. Take those files and put them in my home folder under aplication data on my phone. go to setup. It runs all that good stuff. NOw what. What homescreen do you use. JC

Guest jcjdoss
Ok tell me what i am doing wronge. I download that file. Convert it out of Rar format. Take those files and put them in my home folder under aplication data on my phone. go to setup. It runs all that good stuff. NOw what. What homescreen do you use. JC

I didn't get the file in rar format, it was a .cab file. I just put the file straight on my phone and installed it from there.

• 4 months later...
Guest clintness

So I have the same problem...

I put the files in \application data\home\

from several different screens I downloaded...

Nothing new in the choices...

HELP!

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shawnb1824

Winrar makes .cab files look like they need to be unzipped. take the original downloaded file and put it in the temp folder. Go to the temp folder and the file should look like a regular .cab file. run it and it should install.