The official Fujitsu Siemens Loox T830 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Next week, I will be posting my review of the Fujitsu Siemens Loox T830 Pocket PC. :(

In advance of this, this thread is an opportunity for you to ask me anything at all about the device, and i'll try and answer it!

What the T830 loses in looks and for having a square screen, it makes up for in spec...

- 416MHz Intel Processor

- 3G connectivity + EDGE

- SiRFstar III GPS

- 802.11b/g WiFi

- Dual Cameras, including 2MP camera with autofocus

- 128MB ROM / 64MB RAM

- USB host mode!

- Full size SD slot

- 3.5mm headphone port

- QWERTY thumboard

- 1530mAh battery

Wow! :rolleyes:

P

PS It comes with a cradle!

t830.jpg

Guest Pondrew

I like the looks, cradle good, battery better, but no HSDPA! :rolleyes: (yes I realise we were spoilt when the HTC Hermes introduced us to mobile broadband but come on...!)

Oh, and surely a square screen resolution is going to have BIG implications for software compatibility...?

Guest richard_d
Fujitsu T830: 64mm x 126mm x 21mm

Treo 750v: 58mm x 111mm x 23mm

P

Mmmm whilst I'm no fan of super-model sized phones, it would need to have a very good keypad to make it worth consideration with the small screen and that size. Is it stunning?

Guest gsm122448

Phew, I thought this one had fallen off the radar. I've been using this device for about three days so far, and much to my surprise I haven't found the square screen to be a hinderence yet. If you think about it, the on-screen keyboard on a 320x240 san-keyboard device takes up the bottom third of the screen anyway!

The keys on the keyboard are really tiny, but amazingly it's one of the best keyboards on this kind of device I've experienced, erroneous key-presses are non existent.

Looking forward to the review Paul, it'll be interesting to see what you make of the phone.

PS. CameraAware works great on it :rolleyes:

Guest Paul (MVP)

:(

I've just installed CamerAware, but although the green GPS LED is flashing, CamerAware isn't displaying any kind of satellite status ;)

I'm just hoping it's a bit lethargic before it's first fix, and not that I have a duff unit! :rolleyes:

Might go and try iGo on it in a minute :)

P

Guest gsm122448
:(

I've just installed CamerAware, but although the green GPS LED is flashing, CamerAware isn't displaying any kind of satellite status ;)

I'm just hoping it's a bit lethargic before it's first fix, and not that I have a duff unit! :rolleyes:

Might go and try iGo on it in a minute :)

P

I also had this problem but with TomTom when I first installed it. A hard-reset soon fixed that now it's working perfectly.

Guest richard_d

If the keyboard is stunning then Perhaps the small screen is a fair trade but I wonder if they'd made it even taller (or wider) and squeezed in a full size screen it might have been more appealing...

Guest gsm122448
A hard reset fixed that, yay!

:rolleyes:

Changing from the default theme to the default windows theme makes the screen look WAY better too.

P

Glad you found out about the hard reset, took me a while to figure out where the reset button. I still don't understand why on a Windows Mobile phone they made the reset button such a pain to get to!

Agreed on the windows theme change...also better if you change the default text size down one notch as well.

Probably the most annoying thing I'm finding about the phone is those damn flashing LEDs...try sleeping with the phone in your bedroom :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.