Free sim unlock for Hermes now available.

Guest Wam7

Guest Stuart_f
Is this the same Pof from XDA developers? Anyone tried it?

Yes it is. There's a thread on another site where many people are reporting success with this method.

Pof's unlocker makes your Hermes sim-free, super CID and security level 0, if you flash to another rom afterwards you lose the super CID and security level but the sim-free stays forever.

Yes it is. There's a thread on another site where many people are reporting success with this method.

Pof's unlocker makes your Hermes sim-free, super CID and security level 0, if you flash to another rom afterwards you lose the super CID and security level but the sim-free stays forever.

what is super cid and security level 0?

what is super cid and security level 0?

It means you can flash to any other supplier's ROM. In some circumstances people can only flash to a ROM from their own supplier.

Anyone tried it yet?

Matt

I've tried it and it doesn't work for me (not able to flash the rom first) although plenty of other people are claiming success. Pof is looking into the problem in my case.

It's definitely worth a go as I think I'm in the minority.

For info, the full thread is here.

Anyone tried it yet?

Matt

Yes I have and i can report complete success! Take about 25 minutes in all

I have a T mobile (UK) Vario II and this method worked as user described.

I would like to add to some more detail to stage 5, the main upgrade program "MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe"

for the nervous out there (like me!)

During my upgrade the program "MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe" running on my actual PC Error'd

with an Update Error 114 and then exited, as he said it would, However, the PPC was left in

BootLoader stage with a message saying "Upgrade......Wait"

Still Soft-Reset the PPC dont wait any longer as it tells you on screen, allow the PPC to fully boot and confirm that all is OK, post upgrade.

Then Power Off device, replace your SIM for one from a different provider and Soft-Reset.

Unlock Method

PINT on its way to developer......and many thanks!

I've tried it and it doesn't work for me (not able to flash the rom first) although plenty of other people are claiming success. Pof is looking into the problem in my case.

It's definitely worth a go as I think I'm in the minority.

For info, the full thread is here.

Quick update - got it working. It wouldn't work on my desktop (just hung) but worked ok when plugged into my laptop.

:)

Guest randomelements

@ T-Mobile Vario II UK users

As this updates the radio on the device have you noticed any change in the performance, signal etc? And I presume that everything is okay from the HSDPA side of things.

Guest richard_d

As this updates the radio on the device have you noticed any change in the performance, signal etc? And I presume that everything is okay from the HSDPA side of things.

I wondered this myself! from what I can tell, you can reflash the ROM afterwards and still maintain the unlock to regain a T-Mobile radio (assuming you've got the ROM). I think it uses a Cingular ROM so it should be a fairly new Radio.

I haven't tried it as a) I'm a coward :) and b- I don't currently have any need to use an alternative SIM.

Of course if everyone reports that the Cingular Radio gets a far better signal I might reconsider.

Edited by richard_d

Im T Mobile (UK) and phone does now i think about it seem slightly clearer in audio, although no obvious notable differences i can think of. I havent as yet been in 3G area to test HSDPA and wont be for a while, besides only got it truely enabled on my account a couple of days ago.

Currently no plans to reload Tmobile ROM.

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
Yes I have and i can report complete success! Take about 25 minutes in all

I have a T mobile (UK) Vario II and this method worked as user described.

I would like to add to some more detail to stage 5, the main upgrade program "MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe"

for the nervous out there (like me!)

During my upgrade the program "MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe" running on my actual PC Error'd

with an Update Error 114 and then exited, as he said it would, However, the PPC was left in

BootLoader stage with a message saying "Upgrade......Wait"

Still Soft-Reset the PPC dont wait any longer as it tells you on screen, allow the PPC to fully boot and confirm that all is OK, post upgrade.

Then Power Off device, replace your SIM for one from a different provider and Soft-Reset.

Unlock Method

PINT on its way to developer......and many thanks!

BenPye - good additional instructions - worked for my SPV M3100 :D

And pint on the way to the developer from here! :)

Matt

I had to do mine the manual way as my phone would freeze everytime I put in the unlock code but all works fine now. (Just have to disable then renable the phone connection in phone connection manager.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest renegade722

This worked for me perfectly, first time! Thank you very much for your help, what a great feeling to know my M3100 is now no longer restricted to Orange, the way a phone should be!

Thanks again

Guest _Belial

Didn't work for me,

Got Error 150 during the 1st part (not Error 114 as expected)

Then when i ran the exe on the phone, put a t-mob sim into my orange m3100 i get a sim locked message asking for the unlock code, i tried the one on the original thread, but no joy. I tried the mtty option and setting simlock=0 etc, but still no joy.

Phone's fine, still works on orange, but wont accept another sim

I would contact the xda-developers Pof for further advice......on THIS THREAD

The also appears to be a version 2 of the unlocker that has only been released within the last few days

check which version you used, as version 2 contains several bug fixes.

Good Luck

Edited by BenPye