Many of us don't have the recommended charger for the device and this problem makes a new dent in the wallet. Of coarse it is most recommended to have the proper accesories with this device. But from reading the forums many of us dont.
I have solved this issue through the use of a 9V battery. Do this at your own risk. I am not sure if this will ruin your battery or not.
Basically connect the positive and negative connections (from the removed battery) to the 9V in 3-5 sec intervals. I used a multimeter to attain a 3.7 charge. But about 5-10 intervals will do.
Here is another topic which gave me the idea.
Popped in the battery and plugged in wall charger.. and turned it on.. .works!
It is probably better to buy a proper charger and not let your battery die. But if you dont want to wait and spend more money this has worked for me.
Do at your own risk,
Edited by n0m4d, 08 November 2006 - 07:17 PM.