TomTom 6 - Traffic Service

Guest JamieDow

Guest JamieDow

I have been trying repeatidly to get Navigator 5 and 5.21 working on my Vario and had no joy. Randomly it worked for a day and then I haven't been able to get it to pick up the GPS receiver.

Despite being told by TomTom that Navigator 6 does not support the Vario?!?!?! The website lists it as supported so I bit the bullet and bought it. It runs very well and fantastic with CamerAware (Good Job on this one Paul :))

My question is whether people feel that the traffic service is worth paying for? I have had a variety of such systems before, the old BTCellnet device for the dash, traffic master in the old company car, but they've always been too late to warn me.

Hoping you guys can share some thoughts / experiences.

Ta

JD

Guest mcwarre

Traffic is not worth the money. I have used it extensively (I drive 15,000 miles per year) and it has a significant time lag (at least 15 mins) and is often incorrect. Don't waste your money

Guest AndrewH13
Despite being told by TomTom that Navigator 6 does not support the Vario?!?!?! The website lists it as supported

I suspect they mean that it comes on a mini-sd card that cannot be placed in Vario straight away?