how to guide to overclock dash

Guest justinstafford

attached file has everything you need...including totalcommander sp5 edition...you should be able to easily run at 264 or higher depending on phone. have fun

file will uploaded at ftp://xda:[email protected]/uplo..._smartphone.zip

Unfortunately, if you run omapclock as-is, when your display turns off, your phone will return to normal speed. To note, Tornado PowerControl (found on this site) can overclock your phone constantly. There's also a registry hack for it that will allow you to set the CPU speed above the default maximum of 228. Just note that the display control portion of the application won't work properly (bright/dim). It won't break anything... it just won't stay dim if you set it to dim :-)

Guest mikef1182
Unfortunately, if you run omapclock as-is, when your display turns off, your phone will return to normal speed. To note, Tornado PowerControl (found on this site) can overclock your phone constantly. There's also a registry hack for it that will allow you to set the CPU speed above the default maximum of 228. Just note that the display control portion of the application won't work properly (bright/dim). It won't break anything... it just won't stay dim if you set it to dim :-)

Do you have to leave Tornado Power Control Runing in order for the phone to stay overclocked?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone overclocked their dash? I'd be interested in hearing how much of a performance boost you get and how battery life is effected.

Large performance boost, large decrease in battery life :)

• 1 month later...

program installed and works perfectly. i had wifi up, bluetooth turned on and a movie running full screen with no skipping and perfect picture quality... i was running it at 288mhz, does kill the battery when its turned up and the phone got a little warmer than usual, but sweet app nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Loukas

Do you really need to overclock the Dash? I find that my HTC S620 runs perfectly well, even with a few programs loaded in memory.

Granted, I would never find myself running movies off its screen, I have my iPod for that. But other than that, I've been in situations where I was on a call using a bluetooth headset ( = bluetooth ON) and I wanted to check something in Calendar or Tasks, and it was fine.

Plus battery life is great! ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest D Mac

Hi Merwin,

I've noticed this problem - that when you unlock the Dash, the display isn't dim, but powercontrol still says it is dim. Then when the display switches off the backlight is still on - so you get a bright white screen.

I love to run the Dash as Dim, unless in bright sunlight, but having it sit with a bright white screen if I forget to nurse the display state is a big problem - do you have any workaround for this?

Thanks for your work

--Duncan

• 9 months later...
Guest bigxsig

please reply

so i used omapclock v2 on my T-mobile Dash, and i'm not too sure if its working or not, all I know is that not there's gray horizontal lines when i go into the start menu. I'm afraid to turn off the phone.

help?

• 3 weeks later...