MDA Compact III now available from T-Mobile UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest spangelsaregreat

Strange request I know, but could someone who has the MDAC 3 try and see if it is possible to use it with a bluetooth GPS unit instead of its inbuilt GPS?

Would like to keep that option open for using it without a charger to get more battery usage.

Ta

Guest stephenjfa
I think they want more take-up of their web n walk - as more n more ppl have routers and can choose any companies hotspots wen out n abt they wud never make any money poor things. This is also their approach for T-Mobile in Germany.

Funny thing is that unlimited web for £7.50 is gr8 - just dont treat us like kids and say u can't have wifi as well.

Was quoted £40 for upgrade today - tough call whether to take it, or m3100 (Vario 2) off orange for free on only a 12mth contract at £35pm

Hmmm... still seems a strange decision. Like you said, why can't we have BOTH? I'd much rather download software, updates, etc. over the WiFi connection in my office than a 56K GPRS connection, but when I'm out & about, the GPRS is perfectly adequate. I just can't see the sense in disabling a feature that's there in hardware! Oh well... guess I'll have to wait for (a) T-Mobile to realise the error of their ways, or (B) some clever spark here to come up with a way of hacking it! ;-)

Edited by stephenjfa

Guest oldakin

Hi all. New to the forum, so please don't rip my head off.

I know for a fact that the 'free TomTom 6' bit was a major misprint, so getting them to give you the co-pilot software for free is not going to happen I’m afraid to say.

The unit is defiantly GPS ready, so just add the software of your choice and your ready to go.

I have to agree that the MDAC3 is by far a better device than the MDAC2, even if you just go on the GPS and the look of the unit, and I must say I would much rather have the GPS built in instead of having to carry the Bluetooth unit as well.

As far us getting it on a upgrade, your allowance for the discount is worked out based on your usage and bill price over the last 12 - 18 months (depending on your contract length), so the more phones you have and the more you spend each month, the higher the discount you will get.

If the patch to put the wifi back on does work out, I would love to get a copy. Has anyone tried just telling it to cancel the custom bit when it's first turned on?

Anyway, love the forum. Will defiantly be coming back again and again.

Guest Paul (MVP)

F-Secure Mobile Antivirus and Sprite Backup on the included CD, together with SPB GPRS Monitor and Blackberry Connect.

Here's the thing... NO WIFI EVEN BEFORE EXTROM IS APPLIED!, which means hacking it in using software may not be an option.

P

Guest welshmikie
F-Secure Mobile Antivirus and Sprite Backup on the included CD, together with SPB GPRS Monitor and Blackberry Connect.

Here's the thing... NO WIFI EVEN BEFORE EXTROM IS APPLIED!, which means hacking it in using software may not be an option.

P

hi paul if go into file explorer and explore windows and show all files. theres a file in there called remove wifi. dunno if this helps.

Guest mungosdad
IT'S HERE!

:)

P

Paul, Can you let us know what comes in the box from T mobile. Does it have a car charger and car holder, spare stylus, and what sort of case if any.

I'm going to be ordering one of these next month when my contract with orange finishes. Does it come with a memory card, if not i'll have to order one soon so that I can install Tom Tom and try it out straight away.

Many thanks

Paul, Can you let us know what comes in the box from T mobile. Does it have a car charger and car holder, spare stylus, and what sort of case if any.

I'm going to be ordering one of these next month when my contract with orange finishes. Does it come with a memory card, if not i'll have to order one soon so that I can install Tom Tom and try it out straight away.

Many thanks

No car charger or holder or spare stylus. Has a case. Feels nice though & its tiny (well compared to my Asus P525 its anyway)

Guest Paul (MVP)

Many thanks

No car charger / holder, but there is a cheapo (but OK) case and a spare stylus.

P

Guest Pondrew
O2 shop now shows their Artemis coming soon

https://shop.o2.co.uk/ComingSoon

completely different case design, makes it look more like a prophet/magician.

Good spot Dave106. Good news for us O2 customers... :D

Agree that it is bizarre that the MDA Compact III rom itself should have wifi taken out. Look forward to reading the resolution when it comes :)

Guest BrownSource

Took the plunge and upgraded - handset should be with me tomorrow. £10er to upgrade on my Flext 20 contract :)

[Edit by Paul (MVP): Please note rules on piracy discussion]

Can't wait to try out the mouse function

Guest rhedgehog

Not good news. Flashed the T-Mobile ROM onto an HTC P3300 and wifi shows up fine.

Seems that the guys at T-mobile actually asked for the wifi to be physically removed!

bummer!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.