Run to Cingular and buy your Blackjack!

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia
Well, my frist complete day with the phone and two charged batteries. It was a complete loss.

First, I had to go to Portland OR from my home in Sacramento CA (about 500miles). When I got there, my phone would not work consistently. I could make a phone cal or two, then I would loose service. Power cycling the phone would give me another call or two, then that was it.

Then there was battery life. about 8 hours per battery. Since the phone was acting screwy, it may have been prematurely draining the battery.

As usual, calling Zingualr support gave no help. Usual stupid suggestions (power cycle phone even after I told them I have done it 100 times, remove the battery, etc).

Now that Im back home, the phone is in working order. Today, Im off to San Fransisco CA, so I hope my phone does not go crazy again.

Personally, I think Zingular has a problem either with the 3g phones, or correctly provisioning my phone.

I'll report back latter on battery and phone usage.

Rich

Woke up at 7:30am. Used my phone with BT GPS for a coupel of hours. Did a bunch of email, RSS News, Web surfing. a few phone calls, email sync every 15 minutes. Got thru the whole day....barely.

Woke up at 7:30am. Used my phone with BT GPS for a coupel of hours. Did a bunch of email, RSS News, Web surfing. a few phone calls, email sync every 15 minutes. Got thru the whole day....barely.

thats pretty heavy use in fairness. you happy with the battery life? how does it compare to the life you got from other smartphones?

thanks

gr

Guest nickcornaglia

It's okay. I like a day and a half as I dont mind charging every day. But I dont want to have to charge just to get thru the day....or thru a long day/night. I need to get thru a few days to see for sure how long it lasts on average.

Are you having any problems on initial data connections? It seems to get lost on opening initially but is fast on immediate trys thereafter. Almost like it goes to sleep...and has a hard time waking up.

PS...why is 999 in your sig? :)

It's okay. I like a day and a half as I dont mind charging every day. But I dont want to have to charge just to get thru the day....or thru a long day/night. I need to get thru a few days to see for sure how long it lasts on average.

Are you having any problems on initial data connections? It seems to get lost on opening initially but is fast on immediate trys thereafter. Almost like it goes to sleep...and has a hard time waking up.

PS...why is 999 in your sig? :)

unfortunatly I don't have a blackjack, not released in Europe yet and I just got a dash a few weeks ago so could do without replaceing it yet, although if initial users of the blackjack have nothing bad to say about it(that includes you!!) I'd be willing to invest in one. On paper its pretty much my ideal device so keep the comments coming.

PS: As they say, there are 10 type of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't :D

l8r

gr

Edited by Guest

Guest michehrlich

Would love to hear from someone who already has the Blackjack whether there's a setting to adjust the speed of the scroll wheel -- i.e., how fast does the screen scroll with each turn of the wheel...

thanks!

Guest rklosinski

OK, day 2 of full use and it went alot better than day 1.

Battery lasted from 8am to 11am the next day w/o charging. I have two email accounts, one direct push exchange and the other pop3 checking every 15 minutes. I also talked about an hour, and spend an hour surfing the next.

Im please, except with my Portland incident. It will make me worry when I travel with the device. After using the i320, the buttons (phone, home, etc) are badly placed. I constantly hit the phone and end call button when I pressed the right and left pad.

Also for some reason, the edge transfer speed is faster than any phone I had recently (e.g i320 or sp5). With the 1mb test on dspreport.com, I get over 200kbps.

Rich

Edited by rklosinski

Guest rklosinski
I still dont understand why my speeds are almost 4x faster than yours.

Do you get a G, E, or 3G as your data icon?

Im not paying for 3g, so its only edge speed.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fate-X-

Actually go to www.myrateplan.com or www.wirefly.com if you don't mind ordering online and you get $200 for mail-in-rebates but the phone is only $149.99 so you basically get $50 BACK extra so yeah =)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.