Samsung i320 landscape issue

Guest leviking

Guest leviking

Hi,

happy with my i320 i installed Tomtom 6. Installation was fine, but when launching the software (after the tomtom splash screen, which is OK), the software turns the display 90 degrees counterclockwise. The arrow keys actually work and I can access menus. But it displays landscape in this upward fashion and therefore is unusable.

I guess it must be tomtom that somehow detects a landscape screen and wrongly decides to turn the display?

It there a way to control how my OS displays various applications. A registry setting or likewise to control screen direction?

Thanks for any help. :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

TomTom6 is not designed for your phone, it is only designed for the PocketPC and Symbian devices.

At the moment TomTom have no plans to release a Windows Mobile Smartphone version of TT6.

If you bought the software ask the shop for a refund as they have mis-sold you the software.

Strange that. I've got TT 5.2 working with the right screen orientation on my i320. And it works fine, apart from some text over-runs on the menus and no support for QWERTY keyboards.

Must be some change in TT 6. Is there no way to change screen orientation from within TT? I'll have a look myself when I get a minute.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Presumably you have the 5.2 PocketPC version and not the Smartphone version running? The SMartphone version of 5.2 does not have landscape qvga support.

The problem with hacking the TomTom6 version to run on the Smartphone means you get a broken UI as there is no touch screen support.

• 1 month later...
Guest TGSX444

hi, i've posted a file on xda-dev , unzip put the .exe in start menu as you can assign it to the side key, launch tomtom then press the side key and screen will rotate (each press rotate 90°) works well on my i320

Rotate_I320.zip

Edited by TGSX444

Guest brianwharf
hi, i've posted a file on xda-dev , unzip put the .exe in start menu as you can assign it to the side key, launch tomtom then press the side key and screen will rotate (each press rotate 90°) works well on my i320

Rotate_I320.zip

Thanks TGSX444, this also works on the HTC Wizard/XDA Mini-S/MDA Vario. It is exactly what I have been looking for.

All the best

Brian

Guest mwizen

Thanks a lot for the utility. It works great with a number of applications.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to work with Tomtom 6, at least on my i320. It does rotate the screen, but the image is fuzzy, and quadrupled.

Any ideas why? Have you been able to have Tomtom 6 screens appearing correctly on the phone?

Thanks for any help,

Guest awarner (MVP)

There is only one official version released so a bit pointless asking what version of 6 people are running.

Also as mentioned above there is no Smartphone version of TT6 so you can only be using the PockeetPC version.

Hi folks,

I am surprised hearing you run TT5.20 on i-320. I've installed it but just can't use any paired BT GPS device. TT doesn't let me even set up other BT GPS device nor any other NMEA. It let's me only choose from TT MkII(which I don't have) or after changing to OTHER BLUETOOTH GPS says just thare's no device found.

Mapopolis works fine on COM0,COM5 and COM7.

Can you give me advice about how to make the TT work with NOKIA LD-3W BT GPS or BT-359. Especially Com port settings...maybe I have wrong version of ttgpseng.exe...HELP!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest leviking
There is only one official version released so a bit pointless asking what version of 6 people are running.

Also as mentioned above there is no Smartphone version of TT6 so you can only be using the PockeetPC version.

As you can see several people are running TomTom 6 on their samsung i320, so it does work. There is a landscape issue with the phone, and I will try the posted utility.

• 1 month later...
Guest rikos
As you can see several people are running TomTom 6 on their samsung i320, so it does work. There is a landscape issue with the phone, and I will try the posted utility.

Hello,

I've a i600 and, as I can understand in that topic, the TT6 smartphone does not exist ?

Which version shall i use because i've tried the PPC version and it does not work !?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Funske
i've got it working with tomtom6 without problems , what is your tomtom version mine is 6.10

What do you mean by tomtom6? Is it TomTom Navigator 6? Or is it another one? ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest fulcrum

Rotate_I320.zip

Hi TGSX444, how do you map the side key to the .exe? Do you know if the .exe works on blackjack as well?