Samsung i607 (BlackJack) NOT Application Locked

Guest philipsaad

Guest philipsaad

Just thought I'd write you guys to tell you that my shiny new BlackJack from Cingular is not application locked in any way, shape or form. No registry hacks, nothing. I just took it out of the box and loaded TCPMP on there like it was meant for it.

PS: I LOVE THIS PHONE! :)

Guest rklosinski
I changed the registry values anyway. You never know what level of locked there is.

For some reason, I cannot save any edits to my registry. Im using phm registry editor.

Guest BBConvert
I changed the registry values anyway. You never know what level of locked there is.

I wanted to jump in on this discussion because I have also recently purchased a Blackjack (Cingular) and wanted to app unlock it so that I could install an "uncertified" app. Specifically, I am trying to load Blackberry Connect so I can connect to my corporate BES. Any advise would be very appreciated?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The PocketTV Team

The BlackJack is set by default in two-tiered security mode (just like most other Smartphones), which means that Applications not signed with a privileged certificate cannot access the privileged API's, but it is possible in install and run all applications, including those that are not signed.

The two-tiered security mode allow any application to install and run, but when an application not signed by a trusted certificate (i mean trusted , not privileged) it will prompt the user about possible security risk.

But two-tiered security mode does not allow you to develop and debug applications on the device: for that you need the one-tiered security mode, in which all application can access the the privileged API's. The debugger needs that.

Edited by The PocketTV Team

Guest The PocketTV Team
I wanted to jump in on this discussion because I have also recently purchased a Blackjack (Cingular) and wanted to app unlock it so that I could install an "uncertified" app. Specifically, I am trying to load Blackberry Connect so I can connect to my corporate BES. Any advise would be very appreciated?

If needed, there are un-official tools (or hacks) available to turn the Cingular BlackJack from two-tiered to one-tiered security mode.

However, in one-tiered security mode, the device is more vulnerable to malicious software, troyans or virus that can access your private data, change your wireless network settings, use you data minutes etc.

So unless you really need one-tiered security mode (e.g. for development or to run some particular applications that requires it), i don't recommend that you change the security mode on your device.

Edited by The PocketTV Team

• 1 month later...
If needed, there are un-official tools (or hacks) available to turn the Cingular BlackJack from two-tiered to one-tiered security mode.

However, in one-tiered security mode, the device is more vulnerable to malicious software, troyans or virus that can access your private data, change your wireless network settings, use you data minutes etc.

So unless you really need one-tiered security mode (e.g. for development or to run some particular applications that requires it), i don't recommend that you change the security mode on your device.

I would really like to app unlock my phone , i understand this requires editing the registry, however im interested to know of an editor that works well with the blackjack ive had some difficulty implementing regedit_STG which i understand is from htc so that could be the problem, but anyways i am specifically interested to implement one-tiered security mode, can anybody give me a hand ? you speak of hacks , got a link ?

• 3 months later...
Guest andrewwgarrett

I just bought a Samsung blackjack from cingular, with WM5.0 loaded. I have been trying to install sync express 3 to the phone, but it just won't install. I, ofcourse got ahold of syncdata to solve the problem, and they gave me another version of sync express 3 to install. It was a version for moto Q, which was said to be quite similar to this. They had said if this one doesn't work, it is because I do not have privaleged access to install applications on this phone. Everytime I try to install it, it goes through the entire process, but at the ends it merely says "installation was unsuccessful." Does that mean it doesn't have privaleged access?