Mobile phone company slogans / catchphrases

Guest fluffcat1

Guest fluffcat1

Inspired by a previous post in the Nokia section :)

Nokia 6280 - Fast, exciting and so today.

Qtek - Keep the world in One .

I-mate - For business, for pleasure, for life.

LG - Life's Good.

Any others?

Richard

Guest Vanessa

Can this include their adverts too?!

If so, my favourite (in a loose sense of the word) has to be the Orange adverts where the exec's assistant translates the oriental 'Wise Man', claiming that Orange should look after their existing customers more...

A waste of money - I'd rather they had spent it on actually giving us contract folks just half the great deals that they offer to PAYG customers!

ROFLMAO!!! :)

Guest fluffcat1
' date='Jan 10 2006, 11:39' post='49']How about 'HTC - It'll break'?

:D

P

I meant *real* slogans that they actually use, not slogans they should be using.... :P

Richard

( who's had surprisingly little problems with HTC hardware)

p.s for the non-smartphone using people reading this, HTC are the manufacturers of Orange / Tmobile / o2 branded phones such as the SPV, MDA and XDA range. Paul's just bitter. :)

Guest fluffcat1
' ]Wonder how much the wise man got paid?

P

Free calls to his family back in China or wherever? only after 7pm though. And free GPRS. Sunject to a fair use policy....

Richard

Guest Vanessa
Free calls to his family back in China or wherever? only after 7pm though. And free GPRS. Sunject to a fair use policy....

Richard

You're assuming he's PAYG then? ;-)

Guest Jamma14

I know this is a bit off topic, but have you seen the xbox 360 ads? Their slogan is "Jump in". It seems as if they really couldn't think of a good slogan so just stuck a couple of short words together that don't relate to anything about the console but are vague enough that it doesn't matter. :)

Guest Confused Stu

I love Tesco's slogan - Every Little Helps. Especially because some local kids have started painting over the initial "E" on the side of the lorries, so we've now got loads of Tesco lorries going round with "Very Little Helps" on the side!

Also, has anyone ever made an ad slogan as memorable as "I bet he drinks Carling Black Label"?

Guest PayableOnDeath
' date='Jan 10 2006, 11:39' post='49']How about 'HTC - It'll break'?

:P

P

How About

'HTC - Will it work?'

'HTC - Phones That Like Dust More than Your Vac'

not that i have had had any broken or dusty phones but loads of other people seam to have :)

lol @ that Tesco one

I like it @ ASDA where the Name Tags on the Staff all say Happy to Help, but they seam unhappy when you see them or when you are asking for help :D lol

Guest PayableOnDeath
The future's bright - shame about the staff.

The Future's Bright, The Future's Orange - Unlike our staff who are not Bright nor Orange :)

Guest pd.ryder

Not so sure this counts, but I miss the Ronko ads that would appear on the telly every Christmas when I was a kid. Me and my brother would howl with laughter at the uselessness of the plasticy products :) :D

And where can we buy such things as a handheld button stitcher or an iron for your curtains (while they're still hanging up) ?

Wilko's, Woolies and of course that magazine that comes tucked inside the Sunday papers!! Plus we've got QVC and a hundred other TV Shopping channels that just don't have the magical allure of Ronko products.

Guest nickcornaglia

In the US.....

Verizon Wireless:

"Can you hear me now?"

Where their masscot guy walks pops up all over the US, ensuring that his signal is still there....proving that Verizon can be used anywhere.

Cingular:

"Raising the bar"

Where they show the taller reception bars on the phone breaking thru stuff...again, proudly stating that their reception is cross-country.

T-Mobile:

Catherine Zeta Jones saying "Get More!"

Guest Disco Stu

"The Future's Bright" will probably go down in history as a classic, along with "Beanz Meanz Heinz" and "For mash get Smash" and I'd love to know who coined it. I can block out most advertising now but that one has stuck.

You know that thing where all vacuum cleaners get called Hoovers ? Vodafone had that with mobile phones for a short while but I reckon the Orange brand is stronger now; in the UK at least.

Guest Vanessa
You know that thing where all vacuum cleaners get called Hoovers ? Vodafone had that with mobile phones for a short while but I reckon the Orange brand is stronger now; in the UK at least.

Eh? You what? Not in my lifetime I don't think! Explain yourself... ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest pd.ryder
' date='Feb 8 2006, 09:32' post='320']Clearly I don't watch enough TV then!

P

Paul - I wouldn't think you've got time to fart let alone watch TV :)

(and I've tried a dozen times to quote that post properly but the board just won't let me....)

• 1 month later...
Guest Katsulya

Surely one of the funniest has to be T-Mobile's "Be first with picture messaging".

Now who would you send your picture messages to if you were the first person with an MMS-enabled phone? :)

Guest Confused Stu

The funniest company slogan I've seen recently is for an animation company called WeakEndProductions. Their slogan is "Not as good as Pixar".

Found this while checking out the hilarious Jeb's Jobs section on www.weakendproductions.co.uk - go have a look if you've got a second or two, it IS worth it. :)

As for "Quote me happy" - just how sick must their call centre staff be of that being thrown in their faces when they can't match a quote?!? :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest impy78
The Future's Bright, The Future's Orange - Unlike our staff who are not Bright nor Orange :)

Ah, you haven't seen their new intake of Oompah Loompahs, then?