New Web 'n' Walk Packages..

Guest James

Well after being with Orange for 8 years i have jumped ship and moved to T-Mobile as they have fantastic Web 'n' Walk deals where i got a Free MDA Compact II....

100Mins Any Network Any Time

40Mb! of internet browsing every month! (thats the real deal for me!)

?13/Month for 12 Months and 6 months @ ?30

I know so many people leaving orange, anyone else?

Guest PayableOnDeath
Well after being with Orange for 8 years i have jumped ship and moved to T-Mobile as they have fantastic Web 'n' Walk deals where i got a Free MDA Compact II....

i did end of nov/begin of dec :)

40mb a month2win and Half Price line rental for 12 month as a bonus :D

I've moved from Orange to T-Mobile too. (Web & Walk 100, MDA Vario)

When I called Orange to terminate my contract, I was expecting them to try and keep me. But they just said "Your contract will terminate on ******. Thank you for calling Orange"

That's no way to run a business.

Wow, that sounds good. Maybe we should start a thread where we can all share the deals that we have been offered or are on?

Guest chucky.egg
Maybe we should start a thread where we can all share the deals that we have been offered or are on?

That'd be good - with links too if poss!

I'm thinking/planning to move in a few months

Guest Pondrew

Yep, that's what I'm on as well. Seemed like a good investment even if I didn't want the device. After all, I was paying them almost ?13 a month for GPRS on my existing Relax tariff for no where near 40meg.

Not that I jumped as such. Left Orange over a year ago as got fed up of having no signal where I live.

i think you have to do it when you sign up...

why not try it! just call 0845 412 2429 and quote my name and mobile number.. i believe you have it? will catch you on MSN..

Guest stevo_knuckles

I made the jump, albeit early as my Orange contract doesn't run out until April but it was an easy jump to make.

I took out the 40mb and 200 mins contract and it's definitely proving to be good value to me.

I downgraded my orange contract to the lowest possible and the sim is now gathering dust somewhere in an old phone that gets checked every now and then.

Didn't ever think I would jump to T Mobile but it was definitely a good move.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest carphead
I made the jump, albeit early as my Orange contract doesn't run out until April but it was an easy jump to make.

I took out the 40mb and 200 mins contract and it's definitely proving to be good value to me.

I downgraded my orange contract to the lowest possible and the sim is now gathering dust somewhere in an old phone that gets checked every now and then.

Didn't ever think I would jump to T Mobile but it was definitely a good move.

I jumped as well. I found a excellent deal with CPW for a 200 Minute per Month and 6MB of Data for ?13 a month and a Pink Razr which my wife is using on a Orange PAYG Sim.

As I'd moved my O contract to a PAYG sim a couple of months previously I avoided PAC Charge :)

I already had a K-Jam that I was more than happy with and didn't want to change the phone.

I like in a area of Suffolk that's normally a blackspot for all networks and I travel to another area where coverage is patchy. BUT T-Mobile coverage is excellent!

Hi all great new forum Paul.

Anyways done exactly the same thing as you guys got me a nice shiny new MDA Vario 200 x network and 40mb a month, best thing MDA was FREE :D :)

Thx for the reminder to downrade with orange Stevo hehe, forgot that little gem.

Pcdoc

I've moved from Orange to T-Mobile too. (Web & Walk 100, MDA Vario)

When I called Orange to terminate my contract, I was expecting them to try and keep me. But they just said "Your contract will terminate on ******. Thank you for calling Orange"

That's no way to run a business.

Yep, same here. They didn't seem in the slightest bit interested in keeping my custom :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alsicole

Yes! Another ex-Voda customer here. I was only with them a year having moved from O2. Him indoors picked up the Vario with W&W 100 (same as mine) on Saturday and is waiting for his Voda PAC code.

With this half price line rental and 40MB of data offer T-Mobile must be nicking thousands of data users from other networks on a daily basis!

I have just jumped ship, also from orange still got a month to go on my contract and two phones on the account. New contracts too good to miss, t-mobile turned contracts upside down, ?180 of calls / texts to mix as I wish all for ?30, ?5 for a bundle of 6Mb gprs. Nice mda compact II & sat nav, luv my gadgets! :)

Guest Honest John

I left after 7 years or more, but probably wouldn't have done if they actually had met the release date for the SPV C600.

My contract expired in December and I was waiting for a SPV C600 to replace my C500. As you will recall, these kept getting delayed. I wanted to keep my number, but also wanted to get the best discount and that meant a new contract. So I cancelled my Orange contract, transferred my PAC code to Fresh (no charge, by the way) for a month and waited for the C600. Orange made no move to offer me anything either. In the meantime, I looked around at what was on the market - on all the networks.

When I eventually saw a C600 in an Orange shop in January, it didn't really offer me that much more than the C500 I had. In the meantime, T-Mobile brought out there half price for life offers. Brilliant. I cancelled my company Blackberry (?36 per month on Voda corporate), got the Vario for ?16 per month, saved the company ?20 per month and got 200 free minutes thrown in.

So, Orange. Non-competitive long-term voice tariffs coupled with Wembley stadium style launch dates, lousy customer retention offers and data tariffs that suck all says "Customers? Who needs them?"

One thing, though. I still have the C500 on Orange PAYG. Well, Orange do have Orange Wednesdays at the cinema, don't they!!!!

Guest Darkmarster

ive got 2 phones on orange one i upgraded to a c550 a month ago the other i was waiting to change for a different phone some time but after reading lots of posts on here and other fourms im tinking of making that one PAYG for orange wednesday and getting a Vario on web and walk :)

Web n walk was quite tempting but I opted for O2 instead. Why? For 3 reasons really.

1. I don't want to be on an 18 month contract.

2. I wanted more than 40MB per month

3. I had finally decided on a Universal and the device was cheaper on O2.

I ended up getting an XDA Exec with 75MB data per month for ?200 down and ?21 per month. Strangely, the contract that arrived in the post last week tells me that I have 150MB per month available, but I guess that might be just for the first month or something.

The machine is absolutley brilliant (I am typing this on the Exec in bed over home wifi).

Xerxes

Guest hunyango_uk

:) jump to t mo too, w&w 200 w/ my mda vario last dec. the signal and service is excellent. i'll cancel my 2 contracts on orange coz they are not offering any good deals.

Guest Phil Lee

I jumped ship from Orange to T-Mobile in November when the Vario came out. I got a W&W 100 contract with 12 months half price. I'd been with Orange for 10 years on and off contract and they didn't seem too bothered to lose me.

Last week my wife switched from Orange to T-Mobile too on one of their half price for life contracts. She gets 300 xnet minutes plus 100 texts for ?16.50 per month and got a SE D750i thrown in free. I know it's not a Windows phone but she's pleased with it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ndryer

i'm also a jumper from orange, I was paying ?55 for the Premier package (not that the service was that "Premier") & paid to cancel early(i saved more money that way). Now on web'n'walk 200 with the MDA Pro.

I have never had any issues with phone coverage, and my UTMS signal is normally available whenever i need it.

Just hope i can change my package in April