nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Devices:iPhone5
  • Twitter:@nickcornaglia
Which is the best Non-Smartphone phone?

I would like it to Sync contacts and calendar, read pop email, take pics, but it doesnt need to be a MS Smartphone.

The more criteria I add, like playing music, the closer it comes to being a true Smartphone. But I was just wondering MS PPCs & Smartphones aside....which is the best phone?

-Nick

Jay3gsm

Jay3gsm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@Jay_A_
Would imagine the best phone that fits your criteria would be the K750i. Syncs for contacts (Although I prefer synching with Mobical for my contact backup) one of the best camera phones going, plays decent tunes, has expandable memory (up to 2Gig memory stick) nice screen easy to use, etc. All in all the K750i (or w800) is probably the best non smartphone currently available

Poverty is not a misfortune..... It's an injustice

AzH

AzH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Ya. K750i or W800i. I had to choose between the two recently and opted for the K750i as it looks nicer (terrible, I know).

fearomoon

fearomoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Ya. K750i or W800i. I had to choose between the two recently and opted for the K750i as it looks nicer (terrible, I know).

samsung d600 has to be mentioned, too....nice business functions (e.g. tv out), 240x320 pixels, 2mp cam, slider phone, memory expandable up to 2 gigabytes...
i own them both and they both are really good phones but they can't replace a smartphone

Confused Stu

Confused Stu

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Wife, kids, bike and phone. Sometimes even in that order!<br /><br />Seem to spend all my time at work rowing uphill and never getting there. Beyond that, haven't found time to get a life yet so can't think of anything interesting to say!
  • Devices:HD2
TV Out for what purpose? Because Samsung can't make a screen size big enough to make out anything so you have to plug in a TV!!!

Sorry, but having a PPC has kind of spoiled me on that score. :) I'm gonna go and watch Highlander on my phone now....

Current Devices: Leo, ZTE Blade, StrTrk, Kaiser, Typhoon
Previous devices: Raphael, Hermes, Canary

scottusspez

scottusspez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:c600
TV out on the D600 is for photo slideshows, watching videos IF you can get it working!

:)

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil

Which is the best Non-Smartphone phone?

Easy - the HTC Universal - it's a PPC not a SmartPhone :)

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

Easy - the HTC Universal - it's a PPC not a SmartPhone :)

errr... I think he means something phone-sized mate :D :P

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
Not brick size then? :)

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4

Not brick size then? :)

I think the criteria should include the words 'shirt' and 'pocket' somewhere :D

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

But I was just wondering MS PPCs & Smartphones aside....which is the best phone?

I think PPC's are expressly verboten.

TigerNet

TigerNet

TigerNet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Scuba Diving, Skiing
  • Devices:HTC Touch 2 and iPhone 3Gs
  • Twitter:@lsdscuba
...I would have to say the Samsung P300 from a size/looks perspective, or the Nokia N80 from a functionality perspective...

Cheers
Nick

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

...I would have to say the Samsung P300 from a size/looks perspective, or the Nokia N80 from a functionality perspective...

Cheers
Nick

The N80 is a smartphone though Nick..

w411y

w411y

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • Devices:SPV M1500 & SPV C550
I think by smartphone he's reffering to Windows Powered smartphones

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts

I think by smartphone he's reffering to Windows Powered smartphones

You mean SmartPhones?

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

You mean SmartPhones?

SmartPhone™? I assumed he meant not Windows and not Series 60 and by extension UIQ. Maybe we should ask Encece?

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
I assume that due to the age of this thread, he doesn't really give a hoot anymore :)

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
Well, to get a bit of closure what do we think that the best non 'Smart' (i.e. Windows Mobile, PPC, Linux, Series 60, Series 80 or UIQ) phone is?

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
Well a month ago I would have said the D600 - but many many things about that phone annoyed me - most notably the inability to ring AND vibrate simultaneously.
So I flogged it and got the 8310.. and I'm happy with it.

The 6280 seems like a nice non-smartphone phone, easy to use, large screen, decent camera etc

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
The old BT one with the dial on the front :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users