FlexT offers

Guest stevo_knuckles

Guest Swampie
My source is my T-mobile sales exec, she had told me about 90 seconds earlier so i had to put stylus to screen and tap away with the good news!

i did ask her if it was really an unlimited usage and she said there would be 'NO FAIR USAGE POLICY AT ALL' so i could replace my broadband with an MDA-pro :-)

It will be starting as from 1st of next month as the mob are doing a reshuffle and a simplification of their tariffs from then.

now if only i could get coverage from them in my home town :)

I'd heard that it WOULD be subject to a fair usage policy, but that it was set at 1GB per month. We'll just have to see when they publish the details.

Guest Chuckles
Thanks for the replies guys :)

So here's the thing....I'm due to upgrade from my billing date on the 18th. I can either upgrade then or wait a few days until April for these new tariffs. My only worry is that there wouldn't be this 25% discount offer - have you guys got any hints as to whether this will continue? (or maybe something better?).

Man, T-Mobile are really making waves. Its strange how Orange are doing the complete opposite at the moment :?

I emailed T-Mobile asking how long the 25% offer would run for and they said:

"The 25% price plan discount for life promotion is currently available direct from our T-Mobile stores, Websales and Telesales until 30 April 2006."

I ordered my MDA Pro yesterday on FlexT 35 and they said it will be delivered today before 1pm, im still sat waiting for it, the suspense is killing me.

Guest Swampie
I emailed T-Mobile asking how long the 25% offer would run for and they said:

"The 25% price plan discount for life promotion is currently available direct from our T-Mobile stores, Websales and Telesales until 30 April 2006."

I ordered my MDA Pro yesterday on FlexT 35 and they said it will be delivered today before 1pm, im still sat waiting for it, the suspense is killing me.

When I ordered my MDA Vario from them (direct), I was told the same - next day before 1pm. I did get an email later that evening saying that it was delayed. Next day (original delivery date) for an email saying it had been despatched, and due for delivery the next day before 1pm.

It came the next day before 1pm. :)

They use Royal Mail Special Delivery - which is a guaranteed next day before 1pm service. If it hasn't arrived by 1pm today, I suspect it's coming tomorrow and was despatched late.

D

Guest sporkguy

T-Mobile: fair play, these tariffs are simply stunning. with that ?7.50 data bundle, its gonna be a killer deal.. hurrah for competition, maybe this will shake Orange about?

You should have seen our Weekly Trading Focus this month, they were slating the FlexT tariffs stating the itemized billing costs, the migration policy (11 months no downgrade) which is a bit ironic if you ask me as next month our new Tempest tariffs are going to have the same costs!! Its a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

Guest rockykabir

Excellent! I've had nothing but good news from T-Mobile so far. What will really make my day is if there is a positive answer to my final few questions:

- I'm on U-Fix 15 atm. Sure, I'm probably not regarded as the most valuable of customers, but would I get any discount on the phone if I was to upgrade? If so, any experience as to how much this may be?

- My contract finishes on the 18th April but I was told that I can upgrade on the 18th of this month. I've decided that I will wait until the new Web N Walk tariffs come out at the beginning of April. Would I still be able to upgrade of can it only be done on the 18th? Would I be able to sign up for the discounted offers?

Many thanks yet again and I hope these are of help to others viewing these forums :)

Guest redvers
Excellent! I've had nothing but good news from T-Mobile so far. What will really make my day is if there is a positive answer to my final few questions:

- I'm on U-Fix 15 atm. Sure, I'm probably not regarded as the most valuable of customers, but would I get any discount on the phone if I was to upgrade? If so, any experience as to how much this may be?

- My contract finishes on the 18th April but I was told that I can upgrade on the 18th of this month. I've decided that I will wait until the new Web N Walk tariffs come out at the beginning of April. Would I still be able to upgrade of can it only be done on the 18th? Would I be able to sign up for the discounted offers?

Many thanks yet again and I hope these are of help to others viewing these forums :)

You can find out what you'll be entitled to on the 18th of the month. Ignore that, though, as it will be based on remaing a Ufix 15 customer for another 12 months. What I advise you to do is decide what price plan you want to be on based on the new Relax or Flext range, and whether or not you'll want the data bundle. Then, you decide what handset you want, and find out how much it costs on a new connection (or what other freebies you'll get e.g. bluetooth headset). If you do not want the data bundle then you can do the following any time from 18th March onwards. If you do want the data bundle, do the following any time from 1st April!

As you are changing from a 12 month to an 18 month contract, you will need to go in to a T-Mobile store to sign the new contract. So you go to your local T-Mobile store on the date determined above and ask to change price plan to the plan you want and upgrade to the handset you want at the same time. If they refuse to do so, explain that you can get that handset on a new connection to that plan, so why can't you as a loyal customer get the same deal. If they still refuse, ask for your pac code and tell them you'll churn, as this usually triggers a better retention deal. However, if they give you your pac code willingly you have three choices :

1) port elsewhere! :D

2) back down on your demands and pay more for the phone than you would as a new connection.

3) do a new connection on your existing account, so that you have two lines, old# and new#. This gives you the deal you ultimately want to be on, but on a new number. Using your pac code for old#, port it off t-mobile to a free pre-pay sim (e.g. virgin). then once the port is complete, get another pac code off virgin for the old# and port it back to t-mobile, over the top of new#. Okay so you may have to carry two phones for a fortnight, and use one to answer calls and the other to make calls, but it will get you where you want to be!

Guest rockykabir

redvers

Many props to your reply mate :P - v v helpful

I'll let you guys know how it goes :) - in the meantime, I hope this is of help to anyone else as it has been for me!

rk

You can find out what you'll be entitled to on the 18th of the month. Ignore that, though, as it will be based on remaing a Ufix 15 customer for another 12 months. What I advise you to do is decide what price plan you want to be on based on the new Relax or Flext range, and whether or not you'll want the data bundle. Then, you decide what handset you want, and find out how much it costs on a new connection (or what other freebies you'll get e.g. bluetooth headset). If you do not want the data bundle then you can do the following any time from 18th March onwards. If you do want the data bundle, do the following any time from 1st April!

As you are changing from a 12 month to an 18 month contract, you will need to go in to a T-Mobile store to sign the new contract. So you go to your local T-Mobile store on the date determined above and ask to change price plan to the plan you want and upgrade to the handset you want at the same time. If they refuse to do so, explain that you can get that handset on a new connection to that plan, so why can't you as a loyal customer get the same deal. If they still refuse, ask for your pac code and tell them you'll churn, as this usually triggers a better retention deal. However, if they give you your pac code willingly you have three choices :

1) port elsewhere! :D

2) back down on your demands and pay more for the phone than you would as a new connection.

3) do a new connection on your existing account, so that you have two lines, old# and new#. This gives you the deal you ultimately want to be on, but on a new number. Using your pac code for old#, port it off t-mobile to a free pre-pay sim (e.g. virgin). then once the port is complete, get another pac code off virgin for the old# and port it back to t-mobile, over the top of new#. Okay so you may have to carry two phones for a fortnight, and use one to answer calls and the other to make calls, but it will get you where you want to be!

Guest pd.ryder

Anyone know how rigid T-Mobile's credit checks are? I've had an Orange contract for 10 years+ which has meant I've been able to swap, change and renew for new phones and deals. But within the last 2 years my credit history has crumbled and I really don't think anyone would offer me a new contract if it involved a credit check.

Anyone work for 'em??

Guest sporkguy

My aussie mate who's been in the country for less than 6 months was accepted by Tmobile whereas he'd been declined by all the other networks - so I'd say they take customers more freely than the others :)

If you have even a slight blemish, Experian (Orange) will usually ask for a deposit, and in a lot of cases, decline you on the spot.

Worth a try tho :D

Guest pd.ryder

It seems everyone has an 'Aussie mate' at the moment. I think I've actually got more Aussie mates than British ones atm :) (and no, they don't all work in bars....)

Anyway, back on topic, I've got around 12 months left on this dratted 18/12 contract with O yet.... so no rush I suppose.

Guest Swampie
Ahhhh this is a bummer. I wonder if I can change my Web and Walk tarrif.... ahh.

Terran

I understand that with T-Mobile, you can always move up a tariff at any time - you just can't move down for 11 months (on standard 18 month tariffs) - so assuming you're happy to pay more per month, then you should hopefully be able to move to the updated one.

Guest rizzles
Well sorry to tell you but you source isn't quite right. There will be an "all you can eat" data bundle from 1st April, for only ?7.50 (or ?10 if you get the "business" version with 362kb UPLOAD speed!!) However, their will be a fair use policy if someone can make a decision about what it will be! The latest contender is a 2Gb cap, and once you bust it, you're dumped down to GPRS speeds.

The best part is, though, is the fact that there will be a 12 new versions of the Web 'n' Walk plans - one for each of the new Relax and Flext plans. These are ?7.50 above the respective plan rate and include the "all you can eat" data. Assuming the 25% discount continues (and it's likely it will, or else everyone will go to Carphone or Phones 4 U instead of buying direct!) then you'll also be getting 25% off the bundle price. Which is nice.

362kb upload speed?? whats the d/l speed on business and normal version then??

Guest redvers
362kb upload speed?? whats the d/l speed on business and normal version then??

"Standard" 3G rate of 362kb/s... I think. Dunno for sure.

Guest moroni
My aussie mate who's been in the country for less than 6 months was accepted by Tmobile whereas he'd been declined by all the other networks - so I'd say they take customers more freely than the others :)

If you have even a slight blemish, Experian (Orange) will usually ask for a deposit, and in a lot of cases, decline you on the spot.

Worth a try tho :D

that's funny, in my shop i have found that orange were the easiest credit check to pass, and for a while last year they would take 'anyone'! they helped get me a lot of comission out of some customers that really suprised me :D

t-mobile are stil pretty easy though so you may have some luck still, but if all else fails you might want to give vodafone a try as they have got easier recently :P

Guest shenson
Well sorry to tell you but you source isn't quite right. There will be an "all you can eat" data bundle from 1st April, for only ?7.50 (or ?10 if you get the "business" version with 362kb UPLOAD speed!!) However, their will be a fair use policy if someone can make a decision about what it will be! The latest contender is a 2Gb cap, and once you bust it, you're dumped down to GPRS speeds.

Even at GPRS speeds that's much better than the alternatives.

It does sound too good to be true considering some of the ridiculously priced GPRS and 3G bundles around at the moment. With the exception of Orange's ?1 a day unlimited GPRS on PAYG...

I can think of at least two ways they could cripple it.

A stupidly low fair use is one. I can recall Orange's "access pack" which was marketed as unlimited "mobile internet" and got lots of publicity. Turned out it was WAP only and their definition of "unlimited" was a 10Mb fair use policy.

The other way is the infamous walled garden where you can only use XGb on a restricted number of sites without full internet access.

I'd certainly use T-mobile if this didn't have any catch. As someone who uses a mobile almost exclusively for internet access most of the existing tariffs either exclude GPRS/data calls from inclusive minutes or include cross network minutes which I'd never use.

Guest sporkguy

shenson, Welcome to the forums :)

Indeed O's PAYG bundle for unlimited GPRS is quite generous, if only it applied to PM eh!

I can't see or comprehend anyone on GPRS doing more than 500MB in a month at full whack anyway.. unless of course the device is hooked upto a computer.

Will be very interesting to see if this rumour of Tmob's data is true, roll on April 1st :D

Guest sporkguy

again, welcome, xrfil :) (I should just put 'Welcome All' in my sig lol.)

The thing about April 1st is, its the first day of Q2 - and most businesses do run on Q-results, so this makes it easier for them to say "In Q2, when we launched..."

I wouldn't recommend holding your breath either - unless you can hold it for 2 weeks :D

Guest fluffcat1
again, welcome, xrfil :) (I should just put 'Welcome All' in my sig lol.)

The thing about April 1st is, its the first day of Q2 - and most businesses do run on Q-results, so this makes it easier for them to say "In Q2, when we launched..."

I wouldn't recommend holding your breath either - unless you can hold it for 2 weeks :D

o/t but april -> june is q1 not q2 in a financial year, so it makes more sense to start a new scheme at the beginning of the new financial year which is what they are doing.

Richard

( my pac expires 6th april. roll on the first...)

Guest shenson
I can't see or comprehend anyone on GPRS doing more than 500MB in a month at full whack anyway.. unless of course the device is hooked upto a computer.

Well I'm probably the exception in that I use a mobile phone exclusively for mobile intenet access via a laptop. I do the odd bit of WAP and POP3 from the handset but not much. I'll make less than 10 calls a year and fewer text messages.

Until fairly recently I'd just used glacial 9600bps dial up data calls and the occasional bit of GPRS in peak times. Just about every tariff I've seen specifically excludes data calls from inclusive minutes (hidden in the small print), has Xnet minutes (which would be wasted), includes lots of texts (which I'd never use either) or has overpriced GPRS.

I have stuck with Orange ED50 and its old access pack. Flext and many other T-mobile tarrifs aren't any good as a result but some of the deals on FT750 (which I've use before and does include data calls) look attractive especially the half price for line rental for life ones some cashback ones have zero full term cost.

If there was a decent unlimited GPRS package on there I'd switch straight away. Anyone know if this rumoured add on can be added to any tariff including FT750?

Guest redvers
If there was a decent unlimited GPRS package on there I'd switch straight away. Anyone know if this rumoured add on can be added to any tariff including FT750?

No doubt, for ?7.50 extra. But if you don't do voice/texts why not go for a pure data only connection for about ?17.50 a month? (should such a thing exist)

Guest sporkguy
o/t but april -> june is q1 not q2 in a financial year, so it makes more sense to start a new scheme at the beginning of the new financial year which is what they are doing.

Richard

( my pac expires 6th april. roll on the first...)

Very true, I stand corrected :)