Battery life?

Guest PaulOBrien

' date='Feb 7 2006, 16:38' post='275']From reading round in various places, I get the impression that Samsung handsets have a bit of a reputation for having poor battery life.

Is this the case? Any Samsung owners care to comment?

P

My mum has a Samsung E530, and claims the battery life is great, although I don't take her word as gospel when it comes to anything electronic!

My girlfriend has the Samsung E330 and the battery life is poor! I get about the same usage out of my O2 XDA mini with wi-fi constantly on as she does from a single charge of hers... disgraceful!

I, however, haven't owned a samsung since the T100 (about 4 - 5 years ago now I think), when they supplied it with a normal and 'extended' (read 'fat') battery... neither of which lasted very long at all. I dropped it in a pint and it went to heaven, oops!

I like Samsungs tho, if I weren't using a pocket PC or a smartphone I'd get a

Samsung... most users won't be bothered by battery life anyway as they'll be able to leave it on charge overnight, every night!

I like this whole mobiholics thing Paul! World domination next right? :)

Guest Confused Stu

The other half has a D500 that, when it came out, drew comments of poor battery life. Now I know her phone doesn't get used as much as some, but it's on 24/7 and she generally has a play or chat at least once a day. It seems to clock up four days standby time with this very light usage, and she still re-charges it before it starts it's (really annoying) loud "I'm dying" beeps.

Maybe it's just the annoyance and sheer duration of the Dying Beeps that makes the battery running out more memorable than on most phones? It really does have to be heard to be believed.

Guest sporkguy

My D600 has been a solid little workhorse.

The first few batches of them to leave orange shops had serious battery life problems, but that was allegedly down to bad software - the newer ones seem to be problem free.

I did the usual thing of wait until the first couple of months have passed and then get the handset once its been tried and tested.

Love my D600 and altho there are a few annoyances from a techy point of view, its a great phone for phone's sake.

I've had several different kinds of Samsung phones over the years and I find the regular phones are OK for battery life. With moderate use, maybe two days. My last two were a smaprtphone, Samsung i600, and a PPC phone, Samsung i730. Neither the i600, nor the i730, would make it an entire day with moderate use. I tend to use data a lot (about 150 - 200 Mb per month) and that really kills the battery quickly.

Guest sporkguy
' date='Feb 11 2006, 19:56' post='485']Moderate use of 2 days is pretty poor tho I would say?

P

I'd say with the latest generation of phones with the new technology on board we should stop comparing battery life to that of a 6310i. Consider how much more juice it takes to power a nice big screen, that cpu ticking away inside, and the memory and camera aspects.

In my recent experience 2 days is actually the average across the board.