T-Mobile coverage?

Guest Stomly

Well, I`ve just moved to T-mobile form O2. I haven`t been out of Glasgow with my vario yet, but so far the coverage seems ok. It can be a bit intermittent, now and again you look and theres no signal, but if you move about an inch to your left 3/4 bars appear...unless thats just my vario being lazy :D

But time will tell, cos I get around the country a bit.

O2`s coverage was incredible in cities, almost always full signal, in the highlands, 2/3 bars normally, in the Borders...full signal, Yorkshire Dales, full signal. T-mobile`s coverage doesn`t seem to be as good, but so far its not caused any problem, but like I said, I aint left Glasgow with it yet. About 3 years ago I was with orange and their coverage in Glasgae was horrible.....all or nothing. It was like living in a lead lined room, you could get a signal outside, but in the house, not a chance. What I understand from friends is that its still the same to this day. I know so many people have to answer their phones hanging out of windows :)

So, T-mobile coverage is ok so far............will have to get back up to Skye for the true test of signal though....

Guest travisb

As I've mentioned in the Orange forum, I signed up with T Mobile, only to find that I had no coverage at my home address, and very little elsewhere in the vicinity. I live on the Llyn Peninsula ( the finger that sticks out past Anglessey). T Mob admitted they should have done a coverage check, and to be fair to them they cancelled the contract and gave me a total refund.

However they did say that they have no plans to improve the coverage in the area. Orange, O2 and Vodafone all have good coverage.

My coverage in my house is rubbish with t-mobile. Used to be on vodafone and it was perfect!

Now have to wait out an 18month contract before I can go back to vodafone! The grass definately isn't greener!

(Wigan area)

Guest JulianW

I have both T-Mobile and Orange phones sat on my desk at the moment, the T-Mobile is swapping between 1-2 bars, the Orange is happily sat showing all bars for signal.

The T-Mobile drops the signal totally when I go into a friends house, the Orange one still sat at 3 bars when I was there yesterday.

I'm only mid transfer to Orange due to wanting an SPV!

Guest nforsans

i travel extensively on the East Coast main Line between london and London and my T-Mobile Vario has good coverage overall with 3 or more bars most of the time -except in some rural areas.

this morning as I was approaching doncaster my T-Mobile Vario switched to the Edge network, and the G (that highlights a GPRS connection) became E (for Edge).

I di not know T-Mobile had an edge network, and that's really the first time I have noticed the hand-over.

down here in the south coast we have an awful coverage with the Mob.

my staff all have to register every phone they sell if its pre-pay, and for the t-mob ones they have to stand in the street to do it, as the signal is so bad!

our t-mobile rep has actually acknowledged that its awful and she even claims that we are on their hit-list for improving the signal, it will be nice when it happens......

Guest pd.ryder

Down here in darkest Gloucestershire we have many valleys, which play havoc with the weather, let alone mobile signals. I don't know anyone on T-Mobile at all.

Most of the buildings are older stone types with 3-foot-thick walls which plays havoc with Voda and O2 signals but Orange seems to be champion in terms of signal strength (contrary to what Paul rightly reported in 'post#3') so I don't know what's going on there.

We've probably got our own laws of physics here too :)

Guest travisb

Same with old welsh cottages like ours. The Sky installer broke 3 drill bits going through the wall.

But when it comes to coverage, Orange stuck a whole stack of masts up quite a few years ago (when T Mob was still One 2 One). They then did a deal with Voda and O2 to share them).

It's fine having good tariffs and handsets, but if you can only rely on the signal in the major cities and along major roads, there's no point in signing up.

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

Paid to sim unlock from Orange for cheaper calls using Fresh, T-mobile is the carrier, no signal at home and none in my hostelry, returned the card got my money back and returned to Orange.

The T-mobile shop said " excellent coverage in your area" AND "my MPx200 was an old phone", yeah right ! !

That was another very good reason for me too swap to T-Mobile.. at home i used to struggle to get 1 bar on orange. now i get FULL on T-mobile!... but now only 2 bars at work!

just goes to show you there are always trade offs :)

Guest Phil Lee

I've had good coverage with T-mobile wherever I've tried to use it. Since getting my Vario I've used it in Cardiff, Exeter, Swindon, Hartlepool, Wynyard, Middlebrough, Yarm, Horley, Gatwick, Manchester, Sale and Knutsford with no problems.