Orange User Probs

Guest J273

Hi guys i bought a phone off someone about 4 years ago which included a payg orange sim....Ive been using this sim since then through various different phones.The problem ive got is that the person i bough it off registerd the sim with there user id and pass.and when i ring orange for settings or MMS setup they always ask me for the pass but because i dont know this they wont allow me to change alter or send me anything.I dont know the gut i bought it off and have no way of contacting him.

Is there anyway at all around this i really dont want to change numbers as i use this for work and everything.do you think they would allow me to transfer this number across to a brand new sim?

Or does anyone have any ideas as to what i could do?

Yea thats the problem i dont know any of the previous owners details,Would it be possible for me to transfer the number im using to another orange sim i have ?

It's more down to the Data Protection Act these days, you only need to know the original owner and either the password or 4 digit ID code to do a Customer Account Transfer.

You must have got through to a jobs worth when asking for settings though, I currently work for Orange Data Support and will always send settings for a non account holder but due to the DPA we can't adjust the SIM (Account) in any way.

For future reference try this link hxxp://setup.orange.co.uk/ (Substitute the x's for t's of course)

ah,brilliant just what i was after..Thanks alot

To recieve mms's without having to login to orange.co.uk with a pssword to retrieve them do i need some sort of sim update to allow this or not?

edit:

Just tried to get MMS settings and i never get any sms with the settings through :) .....Ill keep trying :D

ah,brilliant just what i was after..Thanks alot

To recieve mms's without having to login to orange.co.uk with a pssword to retrieve them do i need some sort of sim update to allow this or not?

edit:

Just tried to get MMS settings and i never get any sms with the settings through :) .....Ill keep trying :D

You shouldn't need any SIM updates if your SIM is MMS enabled although being an older SIM card you never know! By the sounds of it you are receiving the legacy message, if you are having to view them on the web your SIM isn't MMS enabled.

As for settings, most major manufacturers have a configurator on their websites (even Seimens has one) :P