My Black RAZR

Guest silver sony

Guest silver sony

Hi

I thought that i would just put forward my opinion about my Black Limited Edition of the Motorola V3 RAZR, a nifty bit of kit, and the looks are really sharp and interesting, the only downsides of this little beauty, are the lack of on board memory which is just 5MB, and i know that you could hack it and get up to 9/10 MB of on board memory, but then you would invalidate your warranty, so really there is no gain there, and of course the phone has some nifty features, another annoying thing is that i wonder why on earth, they only gave it bluetooth, i would have liked for it to also have infra-red as well, just to be able to connect to many other of my gadgets but it is only a small error, and nothing major. Other than my couple of bad features, i personally think the phone is worth a mention in the forum, but i have seen loads and loads of the silver one around, and not so many of the black ones, which is why i chose the black one, oh i almost forgot another annoying thing is that Motorola only supplied the basic MPT (mobile phone tools) with the phone?? tightwads

Take care and thanks if you look at my post

S.P.W

Guest pyromaniac4002

I have a graphite version from Verizon (but I think it looks more blue-ish). It also has some upgrades from the black/grey/pink. It has a 1 megapixel camera (compared to VGA) and 31 MB of memory. I used to have a Samsung SCH-i600, and this phone is so much nicer to carry around than an i600 with the huge extended battery on (my standard battery for it wouldnt hold a charge anymore).

The one thing I miss about my i600 is the modifications I could put on it. There wont be any changing of homescreens (layout wise) or the other mods that were available on a Windows-powered smartphone.

Guest fluffcat1
' date='Feb 11 2006, 13:41' post='434']I know there's a pink one too... are there any other colours?

Has anyone done custom cases?

P

I've got blue OEM casings that will be out here v.soon as proper phones - I think I saw a pic in a Carphone Wh*rehouse catalogue, sort of a barclays connect card looking dark ish blue. Companies such as 'bling my ting' will cover them in diamonte studs for you. Nice.

http://www.bling-my-thing.com/html_version/english.htm

http://www.bling-my-thing.com/html_version/motorola.htm

and they also do ipods...

http://www.bling-my-thing.com/html_version/ipods1.htm

Richard

Guest Giffer2

I've had my V3 since last August (Had an Orange SPV C500 before that, but also have a Dell PDA so thought no point in duplicating my info!) - Tis a good phone with just a few minor bugs

- Phone can lock up in the middle of a phone call

- Phone can reboot when browsing web

- If you power off phone and then power on straight away, the screen looks like there is interference on it.

Vodafone changed my first one (Silver) because of the reboot issue and they gave me a black one (I preferred the silver!) but the reboot issue came back (Only when going outside the Vodafone live web side eg wap.yahoo.co.uk). But I spoke to Vodafone and they sent me the setup to allow me to connect to the web using my PDA via GPRS on the phone.

I did however upgrade the firmware on the phone to allow me to use the video camera record function which seems to work quite well, although any long amount of footage will fill the memory!

Guest bling-my-thing

hi Fluffcat1,

by coincidence I found this forum... with my pictures! I am the owner of Bling My Thing from Berlin :) It is nice that people talk about us. This is the kind of stuff you either love it or hate it (sounds like a Marmite ad). Many Apple fans hate us for destroying their mighty Apple design. But mind you, crystals offer really good protection against scratches & finger prints on the chrome surface. Soon I am going to upload a new iPod Nano pictures with lots of flowers. Now it will not be scratched!

believe me or not, 80% of our orders are on Motorola Razr. Germans are crazy about this phone... and it is great for us because it is the most beautiful blingable phone in the market. We've just done a V3X edition but I think it is too FAT - doesn't deserve to be called a Razr, I guess. We also about to bling several V3i models. They are really stunning!!! funky metallic surface with a lot improved "contents". I am getting sick of my ordinary Razr now - having seen all the new models, I am seriously thinking of selling it on eBay and buy something new (by the way, the blue Razr belongs to me!). But tell you the truth, I miss my Nokia!

Will be loading more photos of Motorola soon. See ya!

Warmest regards from Berlin,

Ayano (owner of Bling My Thing)

Guest bling-my-thing
' date='Feb 14 2006, 14:46' post='679']Cool!

Have you 'blinged' any Smartphones or Pocket PCs?

I think a 'blinged' Dopod 818 Pro would be perfect present for my missus, lol!

P

Hi there Paul,

few months ago I "blinged" the Dopod 818 Pro (it is sold exclusively by O2 in Germany) for a girl. She accidentally dropped it and the poor pda had a terrible dent at the corner. It was also completely scratched and wasn't pretty at all... The complete front-cover was crystallised and wow, it really did look stunning! I am annoyed because we forgot to take photos of it... it was an express service :)

I am actually thinking of getting it - is your missus happy with it? How is the software?

Ayano

Guest sergiom

i have a Mpx200, and it?s simple great, i have office siute, mp3 music player, some simple games, pdf reader, xsfinance, for check my account, msn, messenger, internet, all in one device. Nice screen. But it?s little havy, much like Razr.

I?m selling it, cos i want upgrade to Mpx220.

The razr it?s nice, not heavy, but only the newer version has more memory for do things, and here at Argentina, the price it?s the same: V3 Razor black U$s300 unlock, and MPX220 U$s330 unlock.

I think you have more from MPX220 than a simple V3.

Guest bling-my-thing
' date='Feb 14 2006, 18:56' post='707']I have a Dopod 818 Pro, it's brilliant... she doesn't have one yet... but maybe a blinged one... hmm... :)

P

If you order now, will give you a 5% discount :D

hmmmm Vodafone doesn't offer Dopod! do you guys know anything about VPA compact II? this is the only thing which is similar to Dopod... I want a phone with a complete keyboard, you know. Blackberry is too small and ugly (and not blingable).

Sorry, I am completely out of line - this thread is about Black Razr, isn't it??

Guest fluffcat1
If you order now, will give you a 5% discount :P

hmmmm Vodafone doesn't offer Dopod! do you guys know anything about VPA compact II? this is the only thing which is similar to Dopod... I want a phone with a complete keyboard, you know. Blackberry is too small and ugly (and not blingable).

Sorry, I am completely out of line - this thread is about Black Razr, isn't it??

Why not checkout www.modaco.com for reviews of pocket pcs / smartphones?

I'm not too sure about blinging a smartphone - especially the styles with the foldout keyboard. I think an m500 / magician might look nice. I have spare covers as well so if it didn't I could change it back :D

So if I want a 4th gen ipod blinging do I get a discount too for telling the world about you then? :)

Richard

Guest Neondaze

I have always liked Motoralo phones. And I have always used flip phones. The only time I didn't have a Motorola was when I changed to a Samsung flip because Motorola didn't have a decent flip phone out at the time. What a huge mistake that was. An awful phone and will never have a Samsung again.

I currently have a black V3 Razor. A very nice phone. Does everything for me. And the battery life is excellent. Prior to this I had the MPX200. The battery life was very poor. That's why I swapped.

The only issue I have with the V3 is I seem unble to receive text messages from a third party. I am not sure if this is the fault of the phone, the service provider (T-mobile), or the sender of the texts. Having spoken to T-mobile and the text sender I am no furthet forward.

Guest bling-my-thing
Why not checkout www.modaco.com for reviews of pocket pcs / smartphones?

I'm not too sure about blinging a smartphone - especially the styles with the foldout keyboard. I think an m500 / magician might look nice. I have spare covers as well so if it didn't I could change it back :D

So if I want a 4th gen ipod blinging do I get a discount too for telling the world about you then? :)

Richard

A lot of choices... I do not know any more! I find m500 pretty sexy though... and it is an advantage to have a replaceable cover.

No matter how much I am attracted to Smartphones, I still miss my Nokia. I hardly write SMSs these days because I am still not used to the dictionary function in Razr phone. Great design though....

By the way, do you guys know Pantech? www.pantech.com They recruited all the top designers from Motorola and Samsung to design their phones. THe phones look really beautiful...!

Do you want to have your iPod bligned? I can offer you a sales commission for every sales which led from your recommendation :P

Ayano

Guest sergiom
I currently have a black V3 Razor. A very nice phone. Does everything for me. And the battery life is excellent. Prior to this I had the MPX200. The battery life was very poor. That's why I swapped.

That?s true, i can say not to that beacouse i need to charge my telephone three times a week. but i dont need more than that, ?cos i?m not traveling a lot.

That?s why i want to change my telephone to a MPX220. :)