Sony Ericsson W810i

Guest shuurajou

Guest Mark Larson
Currently have the handset on trial right now. Any questions just ask.

How is it different from the W800i? Is the software any different, walkman or phone software? Any usability improvements?

Guest sporkguy

What has SE done since the W800/K750i in order to earn 300 of my English pounds?

Curious as to what this model does to differentiate from their previous two released.

Cheers.

Guest shuurajou

Hi,

I only previously owned the K750i - I honestly don't can't tell you how it compares to the W800i as I never owned one.

I personally feel that the K750i felt better made. They have a strange Joystick thing going on with this new phone which I don't really like. It's not actually a joystick. It's just a directional pad with a loose button in the centre. It feels cheap.

A good thing about the phone is that the main menu icons are customisable with themes (or at least they change with the themes). They also vibrate as you mode between each icon - although that isn't always the case dependant on what theme you're using. There seems to be more icons now - the OS is pretty much the same, just a bit more glossed than before.

I like the keypad for the number - the the rest of the keypad I just find difficult to use with it's odd shapes and curves. I prefer the look of the device to the W800i - not to the K750i though. The expandable memory is nice - I got a 512mb Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo with my prototype. It still has the rubber flap over the memory card slot - thankfully there's no flap over the charger connection (still the new k750i pop-port by the way).

Guest vic2rp_022481
Hi,

Before I begin - I've attached a picture and a video at the bottom of this post.

I only previously owned the K750i - I honestly don't can't tell you how it compares to the W800i as I never owned one.

I personally feel that the K750i felt better made. They have a strange Joystick thing going on with this new phone which I don't really like. It's not actually a joystick. It's just a directional pad with a loose button in the centre. It feels cheap.

A good thing about the phone is that the main menu icons are customisable with themes (or at least they change with the themes). They also vibrate as you mode between each icon - although that isn't always the case dependant on what theme you're using. There seems to be more icons now - the OS is pretty much the same, just a bit more glossed than before.

I like the keypad for the number - the the rest of the keypad I just find difficult to use with it's odd shapes and curves. I prefer the look of the device to the W800i - not to the K750i though. The expandable memory is nice - I got a 512mb Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo with my prototype. It still has the rubber flap over the memory card slot - thankfully there's no flap over the charger connection (still the new k750i pop-port by the way).

W810i_01.jpg

Here's a picture of the prototype next to my i-mate SP5.

And here's a little video - I'll likely take it down after a while though so get it and spread it. The Video.

Hmm, one thing for sure, its not an upgrade.

Guest sporkguy

what.... is.... it!?

I can't work out why they're releasing it, and making such a big deal about it.

Like the W800i, its the K750i with music buttons and memory wowowowow.

Guest shuurajou
what.... is.... it!?

I can't work out why they're releasing it, and making such a big deal about it.

Like the W800i, its the K750i with music buttons and memory wowowowow.

Yeah pretty much, I don't know why they're releasing it either. More attractive version of the W800i imo. Other than that - uselss.

Also "It's pretty much the W800 only now supporting EDGE and Quadband GSM 850/900/1800/1900, USB 2.0, and dedicated music buttons in the joystick like the W900 -- exactly what you were asking for. Like the W800, you get a 512MB Memory Stick in the box, a 2 megapixel camera, 3.5-milimeter headphone jack (still via included dongle we think), Bluetooth, and 1.9-inch 176 x 220 pixel screen. Said to be shipping before March for an as of yet undisclosed price."

I guess that's the only differences.

Guest thauragar

my simple question would be: is it the s***?

i've put off buying a 750 or an 800 because of lack of quadband. living here in the states and on cingy, the 850 band really helps. edge is icing on the cake. i've got a 1gb mem stick duo from my psp, this should be great. any word on a release date?

Guest xda_gangsta

Is the rubbery cover for the chip on the side bad quality? Does the phone feel like its going to fall out of ur hands like other phones like the SPV C500? how is it ergonomically? Its a nice device, to say the least..2 much $ tho