07852 ... Issues sending / receiving MMS

Guest xspyda

Guest xspyda

Apparently T-Mobile are having a problem with all new contracts starting with the number 07852 ... whereby customers are unable to either send or receive MMS messages.

It's been going on a while and T-Mob don't seem to have an eta for a fix. Although it's not an essential service to me, I would be interested to know if anyone here knows any more?

Since joining T-Mob I have been very impressed, and so far this is the only thing letting the new Flext service down.

Cheers.

Guest Chuckles

Im one of the 07852 people as well, although i wasnt really a MMS sender on my orange contract i thought i would be one the FlexT cause i had such an enermous allowence, but i guess il just have to wait for a fix.

Guest sporkguy

I wasn't aware that a number could cause such problems! Well I guess you DO learn something every day :)

(Shouldn't be much of a problem for you though spyda, if you're doing an MNP :D)

Guest xspyda
(Shouldn't be much of a problem for you though spyda, if you're doing an MNP :))

Having spoken to Orange today I doubt I will be able to anytime soon wihout incurring unnecessary cost.

Apologies for veering off topic but I guess I can be forgiven as I am the OP? :D O now inform me that I have to wait 6 months following an upgrade to d/grade my contract, meaning I am now stuck paying the higher rate for the next two months until I can downgrade to a lower plan.

Sure I can pay up front NOW and take my number, but only by paying the remainder of my contract at the monthy cost of the higher rate plan!

So ... Orange really do have me right where they want me. Think it's a case of gettting to like my new number after all!

Guest mfvx5jb1

Ah this explains it!!

My wife hasn't been able to send MMS intermittently since she got her new vario on FlexT, starting 07852, but I have from mine.

I presume it'll be sorted soon if it's a know issue

JCB

Guest Swampie
Having spoken to Orange today I doubt I will be able to anytime soon wihout incurring unnecessary cost.

Apologies for veering off topic but I guess I can be forgiven as I am the OP? :P O now inform me that I have to wait 6 months following an upgrade to d/grade my contract, meaning I am now stuck paying the higher rate for the next two months until I can downgrade to a lower plan.

Sure I can pay up front NOW and take my number, but only by paying the remainder of my contract at the monthy cost of the higher rate plan!

So ... Orange really do have me right where they want me. Think it's a case of gettting to like my new number after all!

As much as I feel for your situation - you did sign (or agree) to a 12 month contract or extension, so trying to get out after 4 months isn't really Orange's fault, and you can't really expect them to bend over backwards to get you our of your contract. :)

Still, look on the positive side - you might just like your new number. :D

Guest xspyda
As much as I feel for your situation - you did sign (or agree) to a 12 month contract or extension, so trying to get out after 4 months isn't really Orange's fault, and you can't really expect them to bend over backwards to get you our of your contract. :)

Correct - which is why I am quite prepared to see out my contractual obligations as stated elsewhere in this very forum!

This isn't about 'trying to get out after 4 months' it's about having access to my number before the contract period is out. It's also about the fact that O failed to inform me about the 6 months I would be held to a higher price plan and would not be given the option to downgrade until this time had elapsed. Only when I decide the time has come to jump ship and therefore call to donwngrade my plan do Orange inform me of this little gem!

I understand that I am in a contract and I will happily see that contract out - it's all the other hidden little nasties that really irk me about Orange; precisely the reason (along with their appalling value for money) that I have decided to move on!

As for my new number, it's not all that bad ... it's certainly worth sticking with if it means I give less to Orange who have had more than enough out of me over the years!

• 2 weeks later...