Vodafone and Mobile Data

Guest Jay3gsm

Guest Jay3gsm

For anyone who uses or is considering using mobile data you really should consider the Vodafone offerings. Vodafone online only deals invariably come with a text bundle. The bundle can be 500 or 1000 text messages. I have the ?25 a month, 250 minute, 1000 text bundle. The best thing about the bundles is that it also covers picture messaging and mobile data usage.

For example, 1000 text messages is equivalent to ?120 (1000 x 12p) A MB of data on Vodafone costs ?2.35. This equates to just over 51MB of data. A 500 text bundle is equivalent to 25.5MB of data.

Very good value. You can buy these deals on a sim free contract, which comes on a minimum 30 day contract, so you can cancel the contract anytime after the first 30 days.

For more info:

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fusea...wPayMonthlySims

Yeah, I got one of these recently as the value of the offering is perfect for what I need.... Only thing is that I don't get a good enough signal without an external aerial, so I'm going to have to cancel it and return to O2. Bah, knew it was too good to be true! :) :D :P

Good heads up though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest confucious

As opposed to T-Mobile's ?7.50 for unlimited data and ridiculously cheap Flext plans - together with 25% off online.

I am paying ?32/month for ?180 worth of usage (Texts 10p, mins 20p and SMS 25p) and unlimited data.

There are cheaper deals with T which make voda's offerings look very expensive - especially if you use a lot of data.

Just my 2d's worth.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jay3gsm

If you use a lot of data. I pay ?25 a month for 250 minutes and I use about 10 - 15MB of data and send around 300 SMS plus a few MMS on top. All inclusive.

Each to their own at the end, but on a 12 month deal the Vodafone offering isn't so bad.