T-Mobile 'Unlimited' Web-N-Walk Launched

Guest sporkguy

Guest sporkguy

As we were reliably informed by several members, T-Mobile did indeed launch the 'Unlimited' GPRS bundle this morning, and it is now live on their webpage.

Stay one step ahead with unlimited internet surfing* on the move.

Pay a flat rate of only ?7.50 per month to surf the web on your mobile.

Check your personal email wherever you are.

Plus, quick connection to the Google search engine and popular websites (Street Map, LastMinute.com etc) via the T-Mobile favourites page - supported devices only.

?7.50 per month

Terms and conditions

The Relax + web 'n' walk and the Flext + web 'n' Walk price plans are subject to a minimum term contract and credit check (18 months minimum term for Flext, 12 months minimum term for Relax). Compatible handset required. Fair use policy applies: Relax + web 'n' walk and Flext + web 'n' walk price plans provide unlimited internet surfing on mobile handsets in the UK. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, they are not to be used for other activities such as (but not limited to): modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video download and internet based telephony. If such use is detected, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission.

It is now available on both the 'My Account' section for existing customers, and on the 'Allowances' part of the new connection process.

Hurrah!

Guest sporkguy

I'd say ?7.50 for the current bundle is fantastic, even considering you can't use it for non-gprs/wap usage. If you look at all the other network's data bundles, ?7.50 for all you can eat is fantastic.. Closest you can get with Orange, for example, is ?8 for 10mb!

Fingers crossed for April 17th tho, because I'm sure there's going to be a lot of business users who will want the 'pro' version.

Guest dr who

I would be well tempted by the pro version - an extra ?1 to free up my laptop is excellent. Voda charge about ?65 for 100Mb through their 3G data card and I could get 2Gb for ?8.50 through my phones 3G modem - how ace is that. Did anyone every confirm that this WAS for 3G also - I have always proceeded under the assumption that it was.

Guest Swampie
I would be well tempted by the pro version - an extra ?1 to free up my laptop is excellent. Voda charge about ?65 for 100Mb through their 3G data card and I could get 2Gb for ?8.50 through my phones 3G modem - how ace is that. Did anyone every confirm that this WAS for 3G also - I have always proceeded under the assumption that it was.

However, one guy claimed to see a document in a T-Mobile store explaining the Pro version, and that it was ?8.50 + VAT (ie. ?10) *on top of* the ?7.50 person - therefore the whole package would cost ?17.50 per month.

Guest sporkguy
Swwweeeetttt.

Anyone know whether I can get just a TMob 3G SIM card (for ?8.50) to go in my Voda 3G laptop PCMCIA card?

I'm going to guess that its pretty difficult to unlock one of those things, but I'm sure that someone somewhere may have a solution lol.

Guest dr who

Cheers Spork, may have to look into that.

Thanks Swampie - I saw Pagemakers post but missed the bit about it being extra. That thread is just getting TOO long. Still, ?17.50 for unlimited wireless surfing on my laptop is an absolute steal!

Guest petencl
I'm going to guess that its pretty difficult to unlock one of those things, but I'm sure that someone somewhere may have a solution lol.

I've got the Voda 3G datacard and happily run an Orange (2G) SIM in it. For some reason the Windows software allows this but the Mac software doesn't!

You can also just bypass the dashboard software and dial through it directly as a modem (eg, using *99# as the dialup number). There's a thread on the 3g.co.uk forum on how to do this.

Guest dr who

Cheers Pete. Might give T-Mob a ring when this pro tariff is released and see whether they can provide that on a SIM only. Course if some kind folk wants to try slipping their phone SIM into a Voda 3G card and see whether they can use it as a 3G modem that would be great..............

Guest kiesy
However, one guy claimed to see a document in a T-Mobile store explaining the Pro version, and that it was ?8.50 + VAT (ie. ?10) *on top of* the ?7.50 person - therefore the whole package would cost ?17.50 per month.

That's slightly wrong. When they launch the Pro version of the bundle it will be ?8.50 + VAT (?9.99) as an add on bundle for a price plan, or you can buy the data only tariff which is ?17.50 a month (for data cards and MDA's).

The allowance does cover 3G aswell as GPRS.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest petencl
Cheers Pete. Might give T-Mob a ring when this pro tariff is released and see whether they can provide that on a SIM only. Course if some kind folk wants to try slipping their phone SIM into a Voda 3G card and see whether they can use it as a 3G modem that would be great..............

As we got our T-Mob 6280s on Thursday I tried sticking the SIM into the Voda card this weekend. No joy so far, software keeps saying "SIM not ready". I'm not sure if it's just the software however as I can't get the Orange SIM working in it now. These cards really are a bit crap.

Connecting 6280 as a modem via USB is great, no probs at all. Anyone know if the Nokia USB cable draws power from the laptop to power the phone at the same time?

Guest dr who

Hi Pete, SIM not ready thing is a bit weird. I take it that you haven't managed to use it dialing out as though it was a modem either then? Do you still have the original Voda SIM to try?

Guest petencl
Hi Pete, SIM not ready thing is a bit weird. I take it that you haven't managed to use it dialing out as though it was a modem either then? Do you still have the original Voda SIM to try?

Nope, tried dialling out using hyperterminal and still no joy. Responds to various ATI commands fine but ATDT*99# just brings back modem error. I'm convinced it's a problem with the drivers as there's no other reason the Orange SIM would suddenly stop working.

No Voda SIM any more - disconnected and binned months ago!

Guest confucious

The ?7.50 version with flext 35 is all I need for my Universal.

?32/month for more mins, text and data than I can use is a bargain.

Thank you T-Mob :)

Guest f1ddy

It's a shame Orange don't launch something like this, I would absolutely love to go with T Mobile but unfortunately their coverage in my area is poor!

Guest confucious

That is the only drawback to T, coverage isn't 100% but it is getting better (they really ought to update their coverage checker).

I remember when I couldn't get broadband - it's not nice paying a fortune when everyone else has cheap, fast data. Hopefully T will improve coverage in your area soon - it's a lot more likely to happen than O getting their act together (are you a racoon?)

Guest travisb

I'll believe it when I see it. T-Mob are the only network with poor coverage where I live. If it wasn't for the fact that I work away from home all week and have great coverage there, I wouldn't have gone for a fext contract. They should get their finger out to improve their coverage.