hotphil

hotphil

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 1020
  • Twitter:@_phil_kingston
That's what I thought - I've often had the dealers ringing "on behalf of Orange". As I understood it, Orange will never directly call you to do this.

jbrare

jbrare

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV C500

I'm very surprised at this.
Orange have never, in my past employment experience, called a customer directly.

They will either allow retail stores to do this, or let the independents handle the customers due for renewal.

You sure it was Orange?

Good choice leaving, btw :)

Yeah it was definitely Orange. The number she called me on was 07973100194. She said she was from Orange and that she would put a "note" on my account saying she had called and the comments I made to her about why I don't want to upgrade.

JB

CaptainZok

CaptainZok

Lurking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:MDA Pro Lobster 700TV
I had a similar call myself a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately for O my reply was the same as JB's. So it looks like its a new policy for renewals to sign us up to a new contract before the old one expires and we shop about for better deals.
MDA PRO on W&W on order, just waiting for stock from T-mob, 500 mins and 200 txt for less than ?2 a month more than i'm paying O for 200 mins now, unlimited data is a BIG bonus too.
Just hope their coverage is ok in my area.

Posted Image
My Phonography

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

I had a similar call myself a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately for O my reply was the same as JB's. So it looks like its a new policy for renewals to sign us up to a new contract before the old one expires and we shop about for better deals.
MDA PRO on W&W on order, just waiting for stock from T-mob, 500 mins and 200 txt for less than ?2 a month more than i'm paying O for 200 mins now, unlimited data is a BIG bonus too.
Just hope their coverage is ok in my area.

Welcome to MH :)

The thing to keep in mind with your coverage is that if it isnt any good, you always have your 14 day statutory return period :D

Mind you, I'd be inclined to keep the contract and move house myself!

CaptainZok

CaptainZok

Lurking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:MDA Pro Lobster 700TV

Welcome to MH :)

The thing to keep in mind with your coverage is that if it isnt any good, you always have your 14 day statutory return period :D

Mind you, I'd be inclined to keep the contract and move house myself!

Cheers Sporkguy
I was thinking of that, thats why i aint told O to cancel my contract just yet. But if everything goes smooth its pac code and cancellation time lol

Posted Image
My Phonography

Honest John

Honest John

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Domestic
Like the rest of you, I was most underwhelmed by the Orange Animal plans and T-Mobile blew them away for value.

But have you checked out the latest Web deals?

For ?30 per month (18 months), you get 300 minutes plus a further 150 minutes per month off-peak (to Orange phones) or 24/7 to Landlines or cross-net if you order a 3G phone. Plus 100 texts.

But wait...........certainly for this month, you also get a further 200 minutes cross net 24/7 & 1000 texts per month for the 18 month period making a whopping 650 minutes cross net 24/7 & 1100 texts for ?30 per month!
Now that is not bad at all. OK, so the choice of 3G phones is not that brilliant, but the Nokia 6233 isn't bad and the sim will fit in my C500 and other older phones I have if the 6233 is not all that.

Seems like a good deal to me.

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario
yeh except its 18 months and more chance of them screwing you over.
glad i left.

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts
TMob's decent deals are all 18 months too. At least those deals will let you downgrade the talkplan if you want to in 6 months, TMob deal i got off the internet didnt let me do so until the 12 month contract was finished!

I still exist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users