Blagging free stuff

Guest klaustus

Guest klaustus

hey,

I'm just about to go start a new contract with t-mobile next week and i got thinking, what free stuff can i persuade the sales people to give me?

what are the best things that people have had thrown in with their handset when starting a new contract?

anything beyond the ordinary?

id be interested to hear what its worth pushing for

cheers, klaustus :)

Guest moroni
hey,

I'm just about to go start a new contract with t-mobile next week and i got thinking, what free stuff can i persuade the sales people to give me?

what are the best things that people have had thrown in with their handset when starting a new contract?

anything beyond the ordinary?

id be interested to hear what its worth pushing for

cheers, klaustus :)

it all depends on where you are shopping? any plans for a certain shop or just the most free stuff possible?

Guest klaustus

Probably going to be a t-mobile store for me since, as i understand it, thats the only place (website and telesales aside) that you can get the 25% for life deal.

Guest moroni

If I understand correctly the network shops are a bit more limited in what they can give away compared to the indies.

However, the 25% deal is pretty good so not sure what more you might get.

i am just guessing from my own margins at work here but i would say on a 6280 you could get a semi-decent bluetooth headset and maybe a car charger. But that's on a bad day for the store and they are chasing targets and i cant imagine t-mobile stores are doing much target chasing at the moment!

Guest redvers

You can probably push for a free/discounted bluetooth headset - my mate got a tenner off the ?25 T-Mobile branded headset at the Oxford Street store on a Saturday, so they certainly weren't pushing for targets there!! That was on Flext ?25, so if you're going for a higher plan (e.g. ?35) then you may even be able to get it for free!

Guest moroni
You can probably push for a free/discounted bluetooth headset - my mate got a tenner off the ?25 T-Mobile branded headset at the Oxford Street store on a Saturday, so they certainly weren't pushing for targets there!! That was on Flext ?25, so if you're going for a higher plan (e.g. ?35) then you may even be able to get it for free!

Now that flext is established the money isnt in the standard tariffs, all the shops are going to be pushing the flext 35 with the web and walk bundle, so its on that deal were you will get the best offers :)

Guest redvers

I'm not surprised - ?360 from Hugh Symons if you connect someone on that plan! Not sure what cut they're taking from T-Mobile, and I think you have to fund the handset cost with that...

Guest moroni
I'm not surprised - ?360 from Hugh Symons if you connect someone on that plan! Not sure what cut they're taking from T-Mobile, and I think you have to fund the handset cost with that...

The commissions paid to the dealers for connecting some of these contracts is ridiculous, i know of stores that are selling 3120's on panther 45 tariffs and giving mini moto bikes away with it!

Wouldnt it be nice if the networks wouldnt pay so much commision and instead just made the costs cheaper? ( thinking about it tho', sounds like the major benefit of going direct i guess!)