Call Forwarding

Guest toon9

Guest toon9

Anyone have any idea's before I restort to call Orange CS?

I'm in the flock of people leaving Orange after a long long time, and I have just purchased my T-Mobile Vario.

I've set my C550, on Orange, to forward all calls to my new T-Mbile number until such time as I port the number across from O.

This may not be the ideal solution - and I would be interested in anyones thoughts.

I now for istance that SMS message still go to the Orange handset - they are not "forwarded"

I just wonder if anyone else has tried the Call forwarding approach.

If I find out from CS if it is costing me I'll post back here.

all help appreciated

Guest moroni

I have always found that any calls forwarded come out of my inclusive minutes, so just make sure you dont go down to a 60 minute tariff and get involved in a big conversation :)

Guest sporkguy

This is one area I've never really followed. From what I've heard from other people, the forwarding comes out of your minutes, however, from past experiences, the calls have been forwarded gratis.. although that was on my Orange staff tariff.. so things may be different for personal customers.

Either way - SMSs will never be forwarded as there is no system in place to make this possible.

Guest toon9

I've answered my own question here.

Orange Cs have confirmed that call forwarding is chargeable once any inclusive minutes in your monthly plan are used up.

The rate, to another mobile network was quoted as 35p p\m !

However. the young lady was kind enough to let me know that if the forwarding is set to go to the Orange answer phone number - then that is free.

So I've recorded my personal greeting explaining to callers to redial my new T-Mobile number. Easy.

That'll do me until I port my existing O

number to T-mob.